Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Just curious if anyone has tried putting in Toyota navigation from another vehicle, say a Sequoia or something. I've heard/seen people do this on other applications and I wonder what years/models if any would be a direct plug and play.

I have an older double din Kenwood in my Supra now and am not a fan. I like the stock deck in my Tundra and use an iPod adapter and haven't ever used a CD in it as a result. The iPod is 10x handier and I've had Nav in several vehicles and get quite a bit of use out of it.

If I can get a good deal on a used Navigation deck from say a Camry or something else that would directly plug in or be an easy swap that's pretty much what I'm looking for.

Let me know what you know about this. Thanks!

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
That's a sweet link but for it looks like they're $1,600+ for the Toyota decks. I can score a Eclipse AVN5435 for about $400-$500 less so I was hoping to get a stock one for cheaper. I guess I'll just keep researching until I figure a cheap way to do this.

·
@llcoolgene
661 Posts
Only cheap way would be finding it used somwhere...OEM is always gonna be up there in price....Post pics if you decide to go through with it..sounds like an interesting project

·
A right, not a privilege
3,421 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
SuPrAmA69 said:
Only cheap way would be finding it used somwhere...OEM is always gonna be up there in price....Post pics if you decide to go through with it..sounds like an interesting project
Only problem is 'cheap' and 'OEM' don't seem to go hand in hand in most cases.

·
@llcoolgene
661 Posts
^^ Amen brotha.....I've seen this done on a scion come to think of it.....it was great, but if all else fails, the aftermarket products are sure to have more features...

·
I Can Has EBT?
3,331 Posts
Only problem is 'cheap' and 'OEM' don't seem to go hand in hand in most cases.
Cheapest way is to use an old pc with a monitor or bult a custom pc setup that looks oem.

Look up mp3car.com for info on that.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts