Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 96 Posts

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I did a search and the only somewhat helpful thing i got was a pic of them and that they apparently come with pillowball mounts. I went to the Megan Racing website to get more info and nothing helpful except that they cost $1100. So has anyone tried them or heard reviews of them??

·
Hardtop FTW
1,784 Posts
I think I remember seeing a thread on these a while back. They are rebadged pieces from another make, but I don't remember who makes them. They are supposed to be a good product as far as I know.

·
Registered
172 Posts
The megan racing coilovers are the only product I would ever buy from them.

that's because they are re-anodized and re-packaged Apex units.

Everything else from MR = junk.
-Mike

·
Registered
789 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
ok, i found the thread that you were talking about, it was about a megan front strut tower bar, but two or three posts did reference the coilovers. I was actually able to find some more info on 935motorsports website but still no reviews. Actually they gave me more info then Megan's site did. I now know the front and rear spring rates, which are Front 18kg/mm and Rear 14kg/mm for those who are interested anyways, and also that they are painted a gunmetal gray. but i still want to hear some reviews so if you guys got 'em please share.

·
Registered
172 Posts
and also that they are painted a gunmetal gray. but i still want to hear some reviews so if you guys got 'em please share.
I had a freind who is a dealer for megan racing. the coilovers are of good quality due to the fact that magan racing takes Apex/Apex'i units, reanodizes them and them re-package them.

I personally would not buy them over the tein coilovers. But that's just my personal opinion. I don't want to support megan racing in the slightest.

-Mike

·
Your Neighborhood Pikey
3,341 Posts
Radio said:
I had a freind who is a dealer for megan racing. the coilovers are of good quality due to the fact that magan racing takes Apex/Apex'i units, reanodizes them and them re-package them.

I personally would not buy them over the tein coilovers. But that's just my personal opinion. I don't want to support megan racing in the slightest.

-Mike
Did Riggs tell you about them? I've heard the same about them. It's hard to swallow putting anything MR on my car. I think I'd just pay a little more and get something tried and true.

- Chris

·
Registered
172 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
Did Riggs tell you about them? I've heard the same about them. It's hard to swallow putting anything MR on my car. I think I'd just pay a little more and get something tried and true.

- Chris
Yep, I went to his apartment and saw them, back when we were still on good terms.

I personally wouldn't put anything MR on my car either.

·
Supras are never 'done'
1989 Toyota Supra
601 Posts
Mine shipped from 935 today :)
Will let you guys know what I think when I get them and have time to install them (next week is finals :()

·
me me me me me me!!!
483 Posts
i vote for tein flex's, but definitely let us know how they are(ride/handling) and post a few pics

what are the spring rates on those?

·
Registered
596 Posts
hopefully dont experience too much rear oversteer cuz of the highspring rate in the rear, definately let us know!

·
This Is Why I'm Hot.....
1,984 Posts
HamsMKIII said:
.....I've heard the same about them. It's hard to swallow putting anything MR on my car. I think I'd just pay a little more and get something tried and true.

- Chris
The SoCAL BBQ was this past Sunday & Robert brought a set for us to examine. The machining & overall appearance of quality was unmistakable. There was nothing generic about them at all. The spring rate on the other hand- dunno, I'm no suspension expert...but perhaps there are options for alternative spring rates.

At any rate, I'd not think twice about installing them on my car- they are very nicely made.

Take care.

·
Over 10 years on SF....
7,892 Posts
Coilover talk gets me excited, I've been waiting on my D2's for awhile now, should be here / done soon.

·
1JZ BLING!
2,747 Posts
There is "street" with lower rates, and "track" with higher rates. Street was supposed to come out first, but they went with track instead.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I dont know why some of you say you would never put them on your car........ all the megan racing stuff i have seen does its job fine, sure it might not be the best thing ever but its cheap and does what its made to do...... the coilovers look like a great deal and even come with a 2yr warrentee. I dont think it get much better then that for the price and you would be an idiot to not buy the best deal regardless of what the name plate says.

1 - 20 of 96 Posts