Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was wondering if anyone had good luck using ACL engine bearings. Either their normal or their race set. Any imput would be appreciated.

Thanks
Lawrence

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I just had my 3.4L stroker done, and the the place that did the whole thing www.enginelogics.com uses nothing but ACL Race bearings. Clevite bearings are packed bearings. Which means that most of the time, they are not made by Clevite. THe company that actually makes the Clevite bearings (i forgot the name) is actually in Australia and they make the exact same bearings with their name on it and its less expensive. ACL makes their own bearings, and I have heard from other shops that thats what they use exclusively.

·
Registered
1,042 Posts
I've not cracked my 2Jz yet, but i did use them on my 450whp Honda build, and never had any problems. They come in a "one size fits all" set, which meant the clearances are a little loose (but all within allowable spec) which is usually considered better for boost. Another vote from me.

JP

·
Premium Member
4,002 Posts
I've not cracked my 2Jz yet, but i did use them on my 450whp Honda build, and never had any problems. They come in a "one size fits all" set, which meant the clearances are a little loose (but all within allowable spec) which is usually considered better for boost. Another vote from me.

JP
I think thats incorrect, at least for a 2JZ. My engine shop said that they actually give you more options as far sizing goes than Clevite does.

·
Registered
264 Posts
THe company that actually makes the Clevite bearings (i forgot the name) is actually in Australia and they make the exact same bearings with their name on it and its less expensive.
Its not Kings Bearings is it?
Thats what alot of guys over here run in there motors
Them and ACL

·
Registered
3,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
King bearings are good. They are a harder bearing and wont eat up your crank. People who say a harder bearing will eat your crank dont know what they are talking about.
My machine shop also told me that King bearings are one of the best. I wonder if they make some for the 2jz?

Lawrence

1 - 8 of 8 Posts