Supra Forums banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
nice, so what are your impressions of the ecu change?
there is no worry about the odb2 problems anymore correct?
is the interface with the labtop userfriendly ?

or would you rather *wait* for the apex'i power fc?

·
Registered
145 Posts
nhbpp said:
nice, so what are your impressions of the ecu change?
there is no worry about the odb2 problems anymore correct?
is the interface with the labtop userfriendly ?

or would you rather *wait* for the apex'i power fc?
1) - ODBII? The dawg's a 94 (ODBI!) Heh. Fooled ya w/ the headlight swap, eh?

2) I actually have never plugged the laptop into it. It does seem to be running a bit rich right now though - so maybe I will have to do that soon... Never get enough time on the dyno...

-Darryl

·
Registered
111 Posts
This is the first that I've heard of this setup. Is there a webpage about it somewhere? Did GForce just crack the Supra's ECU so that you could tune it, kinda like the Hondata ECU for Hondas? Any info on it would be appreciated.

-Amir

·
Registered
145 Posts
Hmmm. Here's about as much information as I have on it.

When I first got my supra - all I wanted to do was get it to BPU power levels - and leave it at that - it was going to be a daily driver. Only thing I didn't like was the Fuel Cut Control so I opted for the ECU instead. Besides - I was from the 300zx school - stage 3 = Intake, Exhaust and ECU. :)

Anyway - pricing runs $1242 from Rod Millen Motorsports:
RMM Spec ECU Upgrade (93-96), but if you have a 97/98 car, you have to buy a 93-96 ECU first - (an additional $799)

More info at their web site: G Force Engineering

TOYOTA Supra Twin Turbo
1993-1995
Full Ver: F,T,B,(R),S(MT only),C JZ80GT68AF 1350
Single Ver:(F):F,B,(R),S(MT only) JZ80GT68ASF 775
Single Ver:(T):T JZ80GT68AST 775

Feature Key: F:Fuel Map T:Ignition Timing Map B:Boost Limiter S:Speed Limiter C:Boost Control R:Rev Limiter V:VTEC Point

They DO sell the computer setup ( I actually think this is recent - I wasn't aware of it when I had the ECU put in...) here:
http://www.gforceengineering.com/tuningproducts.html

Doesn't really say what the cost of that is though.

Anyway - hope this was helpful in some way shape or form. Sorry I don't have more information. If anyone actually has the computer and software, I'd like to know what your impressions are.

Thanks,
-Darryl

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Daryl , actually i saw that ur car was a 94 and nly the more recent ones are odbII but i was just inquiring about it.
no need for an odbI for a 97 though then because it's a standalone !
Yea i would like more information about this but i guess not many people have it .. unlike he Apex'i power Fc for the rx7

thanks !

M

·
0 Posts
to stop the fuel cut defencer and a fuel computer for about $460 at mvpmotorsports.com

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
well, i was more on the lines of a GForce reprogrammable standalone ECU swap, this would eliminate the need for the other controllers.
So i am assuming this is not a popular item?

S

·
0 Posts
So there is no way I can raise my rev limiter an a '97 MKIV without first installing a 93-96 ECU? G-force doesn't work on OBDII '97-'98 ECUs at all? If that's the only option it's gonna cost about $1600 to just raise the rev limiter.

Isn't there any way to raise the rev limiter in the '97-98 cars for anywhere near a resonable price like <$500 ???

·
Registered
1,038 Posts
I have the feeling I cant get a GForce ECU for an Auto... can I? looked like it said "manual only" which sucks for me.. but I didnt read it over very long... just a quick glance... is the ECU good for BPU levels, or should I build up my motor before raising the rev limited and what not?

S

·
0 Posts
pooshda said:
I have the feeling I cant get a GForce ECU for an Auto... can I? looked like it said "manual only" which sucks for me.. but I didnt read it over very long... just a quick glance... is the ECU good for BPU levels, or should I build up my motor before raising the rev limited and what not?
I know you can get a G-force for an Auto. But can't they do anything with an OBDII ecu? If I need an OBDI ecu I'm gonna have to find another way to get the rev limiter raised. What are the other options for raising the rev limiter?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts