Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys, as of now I have a blitz sbc i color which reads boost as well as many other things. I also have an apexi el2 boost gauge. I'm thinking of getting rid of the apexi setup and just using the boost controller as my gauge (i really don't like too much clutter in the car). Are any of you guys also relying on your electronic boost controller only for boost readings? Are they typically as accurate as a standalone gauge? Thanks.

Justin

·
Boost4fun
1,848 Posts
In my opinion yes of course they are accurate. I even think they are more accurate thatn some analog gauges..
I would rely on it if I were you.
Gerd

·
Highway Demon
2,896 Posts
yes i rely on my sbc-id as my only method of displaying boost right now.. it is eaiser to read as well. rather then trying to follow the needle and watch the road at the same time i just look at the peak on the sbc-id after i do a pull.. and the boost reads accurate as i used 2 diferent vacuum source fromt he intake manifold to cross refferance the reading between my old boost gauge and the sbc-id.. and it dosn't read higher then normal because you get the vaccum source from the intake manifold to display boost not from the wg..

Brian

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Cool, thanks for the input guys...I think I'm gonna put my gauges and pod up for sale and put it towards a wideband.

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I too just read my SBC-id for boost, A/F ratio, MAP ecu % output, and voltage. People underestimate my car because I don't have a shit-load of gauges. If you can't rely on the reading that controls your boost... what can you rely on?

Brandon

·
Registered
1,847 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Sounds like you have it set up nicely. I was just driving this weekend and between gauges on the pod, my radar detector, and my boost controller, I feel like I'm flying the fuckin starship enterprise. When I bought the car, I thought all that shit was cool, but I've definitely grown out of it. I'm looking to pick up a map ecu in the near future...what does the SBC display for it?

·
King Ding-a-ling!
3,195 Posts
I just use it to monitor the % output sent to the MAF input on the stock ECU. Really, it is almost meaningless, but I can tell how far I am in the map. Nice to glance at once in a while. I think I may change it to a fuel injector duty cycle calculation or perhaps timing if I can find the time to develop the circuitry.

Brandon

·
Fat Guy in a Little Coat
281 Posts
I am with you. I used to have the pillar pod with some guages in and ended up taking it off and using my profec b spec 2 and my boost guage. I have it tucked away in the glove box and just pop it open when I want to see what boost I am running. I cant say that I have ever had s spike so i dont need to look at it very often.

·
REVTECHRACING.COM
2,675 Posts
i used my avc-r for just a reading when i was on pump gas and just using the wg spring.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts