Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering what some of your experiences are if you have used these. I can get them at really good prices and the ITM website states that they meet or exceed OEM quality. They will also come with either stainless steel or chrome upper ring. Any opinions would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thats what I was thinking but the guy at my machine shop said they are = to Toyota parts and in fact that they make a good amount of parts for the manufactures. I do take your opinion very seriously cause I have seen how knowledgeable you are to all of us here so I will call the dealer and see what they say.

·
Stock Boost SUX
1,660 Posts
Dont know about the pistons, but I know the federal mogul bearings are supposed to be good.

Ive also heard that the OEM Toyota bearings are the best for our engine.

I went with Clevite 77's. No probs here and they are supposed to be one of the best brands out there.

Im pretty sure if you get the right size and install em correctly, they will work just as good as a Toyo bearing, but :dunno:

·
boost freak
10,042 Posts
there's no better way to set the clearances than w/OEM bearings and their sizing options.

cnew- call up one of the 2 discount toyo dealers here (though i recommend champion, jeff is the man!), should be way cheaper.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I looked in those threads but couldnt find a contact # and I really dont want to wait for days for someone to repond to my needs cause I noticed some people havent been answered in weeks and I want these parts asap. I am getting my stuff balanced and need all this. My stock pistons are actually in really great cond. hardly no scuffs at all and I didnt bore out my cylinders but I have always been weary of reusing pistons. There was nothing wrong with this block either. never a bhg, rod knock or anything! I just want to build something to handle 400 to 450 hp sometime this year.

·
I don't want an MK4!
1,727 Posts
Curt Aigner

Elmhurst Toyota

From his signature

Thanks,
Curt
630.279.2265 parts direct
630.835.0122 parts fax

[email protected]
[orders,inquiries for Curt]

[email protected]
[orders,inquiries for Mike]

www.elmhursttoyota.com
www.elmhurstscion.com

440 West Lake St.
Elmhurst, ILL. 60126

Curt's hours 4:30am-4:30pm M-F [ON VACATION FROM 3/26 THRU 4/3]
Mike's hours 7:00am-5:30pm M-F

You can call us or use e-mail. If you use e-mail I need your name,address,phone number and CCinfo.

·
Registered
51 Posts
so has anyone used that brand if so please chime in
my machinist also ordered oversized pistons from itm also rings came with pistons, itm bearings also, new itm oil pump as well

·
Registered
365 Posts
Federal mogul "sealed power" are good bearings. Why not an Aisin oil pump? I wouldn't put anything else in there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
51 Posts
I don't know but there is no visual difference when I put them side by side lol ( haha yeah visual difference) but I guess ill run it and let people know how the whole sha bang goes

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
so has anyone used that brand if so please chime in
my machinist also ordered oversized pistons from itm also rings came with pistons, itm bearings also, new itm oil pump as well
They were garbage in 2005 when this thread was last active before you bumped it, and they're still garbage now.

If you're stuck on a garbage budget, the Nippon NPR piston and ring kit off of ebay is okay for sub 400hp if you really need new pistons and rings.

Throw the ITM oil pump in the garbage and get an Aisin or Toyota Genuine one.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
They were garbage in 2005 when this thread was last active before you bumped it, and they're still garbage now.

If you're stuck on a garbage budget, the Nippon NPR piston and ring kit off of ebay is okay for sub 400hp if you really need new pistons and rings.

Throw the ITM oil pump in the garbage and get an Aisin or Toyota Genuine one.
Ditto..... you let your Machinist pick garbage parts for your rebuild. I bet you will be rebuilding all over again. Never skimp on Pistons, berings ,. Or most importantly oil pump. Any one of those That fail means you need to pull and rebuild your motor. In my opinion going anything but forged Pistons is a disaster waiting to happen. Two failures do to detonation learned me. I detonated with Forged due to poor tuning,and Pistons were pristine.

·
Registered
51 Posts
sounds like you went with the cheap forged brand aye hahah well I did tell him it was just to pass smog because I was going to swap a 2j into it. I guess it was my bad.

·
475RWHP 449TQ and climing
5,911 Posts
sounds like you went with the cheap forged brand aye hahah well I did tell him it was just to pass smog because I was going to swap a 2j into it. I guess it was my bad.
How were they The cheap Forged Brand when I said that The Pistons were in pristine condition....lol...wtf are you reading.

·
Unlimited Time Attack A70
3,580 Posts
How were they The cheap Forged Brand when I said that The Pistons were in pristine condition....lol...wtf are you reading.
its ok, he bumped a thread from 12 years ago about shitty parts. I think there is alot hes not getting..

·
Super Moderator
10,152 Posts
it was just for a stock build nothing fancy. no racing just daily driving. and qwikstike I was just fn joking with you holy sh**
If you want it to be a daily, that's all the more reason to use quality parts. The 7M's oiling system isn't something that needs to be right to race the thing, it needs to be right to be reliable.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts