Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am replacing my 60-1 HIFI with a 62-1. turbine a/r hosing .86. I dyno'd 430whp with the 60-1 @ 13psi. Any ideas what 15psi with the 62-1 would net? My goal is 500whp on pump gas. Any input (on power, driveablilty, etc) from some with 62-1's would be greatly appreciated.

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
What compression and what boost? 500whp on pump gas isn't easy on a 3 liter with a ~62, but it is definitely possible. However from your name, you may be running a 3.2 which would make it more attainable.

·
Registered
69 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yes, I have a 3.2 SHO with 9:1 CR. The 430whp was with 12-13psi, pump gas, and a way too rich tune, and I am hoping for 15-18psi on this. I think my DP may be on the small side (2.5)

·
Mid-life Realization!
2,530 Posts
ama0787 said:
I am making 500 + on a 61 and 3.0 liter on pump gas @ 17.5 psi my dyno sheet is under a thread here called sp61gt

No offense, but if the A/F numbers are accurate on your dyno sheet, I wouldn't consider that representative.

Brad

·
UNLIMITED !
1,411 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
What compression and what boost? 500whp on pump gas isn't easy on a 3 liter with a ~62, but it is definitely possible. However from your name, you may be running a 3.2 which would make it more attainable.
Indeed..

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
banton said:
No offense, but if the A/F numbers are accurate on your dyno sheet, I wouldn't consider that representative.

Brad
they are not there was no wideband connected. I use the aem measurements as my judge. which is through a fjo wideband. high boost should be done within 3 weeks (new wastegate finally) and expecting at least 650 hp at 32psi (hopefully) sorry for being a little off topic

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Good luck...650+whp on a 61 may be difficult. Hell, getting it to boost that much may be difficult. If possible, let us know what your intake charge temp. is.

·
Banned
1,124 Posts
ITS has assured me that 35 is no problem and turbo trix seems to be running more than that with this exact turbo on thier evo (so hopefully ill get up there too)...but my tuner does agree he thinks i will have trouble getting above 30lbs and says 28 should be the limit....i am trying for more based on what the manufacturer has been telling me though....i will definately keep everyone updated I should have the new wastegate on ext sat and hopefully dyno within a couple of days of installing it.

·
Registered
286 Posts
LYTLdiablo said:
Good luck...650+whp on a 61 may be difficult. Hell, getting it to boost that much may be difficult. If possible, let us know what your intake charge temp. is.

Mark, they boost that much just fine ;)

·
Vendor
4,400 Posts
Bigplansnocar said:
Mark, they boost that much just fine ;)
haha, Danny, what size motor is that on.

ama0787,

The turbo trix evo is not a good comparison. You must realize the turbo has a certain amount of air it can flow. Via the map you posted, it seems to be 65-66lb/min (which by the way, is less than 650whp) While 60lb/min of airflow of an evo (2.0) may yeild 35ish psi, that doesn't mean an engine with 150% of the displacement will have the same pressure at the same horsepower.

I.E. look at a V8 running a T76 vs a supra running a T76...when making equal horsepower, the boost is much lower for the larger engine due to the fact that the displacement gives it the ability to accept more air. PSI is basically the measurement of airflow that ISN'T getting into the engine.

Good luck making your horsepower, 650 to the tires would be excellent numbers for a 61. In my experience and research, that is not an easy feat...however I admit I have never used or even played with an ITS 61. Their compressor map runs out of breath around 600whp, but as we have all found out, what it looks like on paper is not always what we see in the real world.

·
When cars say, "NO MORE!"
2,112 Posts
i wish i could break physics too. running more horsepower than a turbo can physically flow...hmmm simply awesome

1 - 15 of 15 Posts