Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Banned
752 Posts
I just bought an ON/ON DPDT (double pole, double throw) automotive style switch at the local electronics store and did it myself. There are directions at MKIV.com.

This style of switch will push right into the openings that are covered by blank panels, on either side of the TRAC switch:

http://www.idealindustries.com/IDEAL-EZ/prodcat.nsf/Tables/Rocker+Switches?OpenDocument

Basically, there are two actuators that the ECU grounds to run both turbos. You intercept these wires at the ECU and cut them, leaving enough slack on each side to solder on extension wires.

Lengthen the two wires that are on the harness side, and connect them to the middle two pins of your switch. Lengthen the two wires coming from the ECU, and connect them to the right two pins of your switch. (ensure that the lengthened wires from the ECU are on the same pole as the same color wire from the harness)

Ground the left two pins on your switch. Now when you switch it so the pins are always grounded, you will be in TTC. When you switch it so the ECU has control of when the pins are grounded, you will be in sequential.

HTH,

Ken

·
Boost Addict
598 Posts
Holy crap!!! $99!! That can be made from a $3 switch from radioshack... That is what I did.

·
rockin' the JDM duct tape
521 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
so i take it the consensus is make your own?

·
Boost Addict
598 Posts
Definitely, as long as you have some knowledge of soldering, knowledge of electrical components, and can read instructions on MKIV.com, you should be fine.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts