Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,075 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was at the machine shop and was shown some trick yota lightweight buckets. No shims was pretty trick as well. So is anyone using them?

·
Registered
1,196 Posts
Yea I am....but I have not installed it yet....still waiting on carillo rods to come in and have the block put together....ill let you know how i like them in about 6 weeks :)

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
Yes. They're the shimless buckets from the 3S-GTE IIRC.

Not many people do it due to cost tho.

·
Premium Member
10,170 Posts
swearitsstock said:
pros? cons? approx cost?
Only con is cost. Pros... lighter valvetrain so the car revs smoother, etc. Better if you want to increase the rev limit or run higher-duration cams.

·
Registered
194 Posts
Iam using the "Shims under the Bucket" conversion from Arnout (NL) which should allow rpms to about 10.000 with some other mods. They are much lighter then the original one and work fine, now over 20.000 km.

left: original
right: shims under bucket.

·
Registered
132 Posts
when i had the cams off trying to re-shim the buckets i thought about going to the shimless bucket route but lack of time i just used the stock shims. if i ever take them out again i'll put the fancy buckets back in.

·
Registered
97 Posts
quick said:
Yes. They're the shimless buckets from the 3S-GTE IIRC.

Not many people do it due to cost tho.
close, but not quite:) they are from the 1zz-fe spyder.

·
Premium Member
4,460 Posts
Nero @ Titan can give you about as much insight on this as anyone. We've tested these to their limits and then some. They work great in most applications.

·
wastegate hose is pulled
4,586 Posts
Did you go down to Lab Kerri? I brought Rich there the first set for my 7M. They work pretty well. Not needed unless you are going beyond the norm with big cams though. IIRC, the Echo has the proper size for the 2JZ. Price wasn't too bad from Jeff Watson.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts