Supra Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi all

looking into getting one of these. just wondering if alot of MKIII owners are running these and if they are reliable.

do these need to be constantly be tuned, or once you set them, thats that? are they good units, or are there better ones out there....for the price. dont have the money to get MVPs new gizmo that replaces the AFm and piggyback.

dont flame me for using the word "gizmo". lol

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
i have one on my car havent had much of a chance to play with it though.... it wil lsave your settings....mine doesnt for some reason but im convinced its something external....

good for the money i would say...and if you like flashy lights its the best ;)

·
ƒ=1/2π(√k/m)
10,095 Posts
Hahah, flashy lights.

The settings are logged in some sort of cmos... and whenever you disconnect the battery everything gets pooped out.

I don't know if some have a small battery in them, like a motherboard battery.. but that would help out alot.

·
Registered
114 Posts
My apexi safcII has kept its memory fine even after it my car battery went dead [and stayed dead for about a month]..it still had everything saved just fine...I personally like the safcII, but I think im going to be upgrading to something like e-manage if I decide to build the car any further

·
Registered
314 Posts
I've had one for about a year. It kept the settings when the battery was disconnected.

I used it to tune at the dyno and have'nt had to reset it since. It has some useful features, like knock counting and alarm, multi-displays, ect....

I went with the lexus AFM, stock injectors, AFPR, and a Walbro pump. At the dyno I added signal in the beginning of the power band and took out at the top. But not more than 15. I think its good for fine tuning but if you pull or add to much you could screw up the timing.

Worth the money IMHO.

Dennis

M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
why would you add the lexus afm without adding 550s??

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
moneypit said:
why would you add the lexus afm without adding 550s??
Some people don't think they need to do injectors at the same time and just add fuel to the AFC to accomodate for the lack of 550's. In some cases it will work, but the 550's and Lexus is the safest route. Been proven 1,000,000,000,000 times over.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts