Supra Forums banner

Anyone using the Exedy Triple disk?

3K views 15 replies 9 participants last post by  Steve Theodore 
Ryan23 said:
I know what BLKMGK's Exedy twin disk feels like, I've driven it ;) Amazing low pedal effort (like stock!), very slippable and apparently is holding up quite well so far. However, I don't know anyone who has pushed that clutch past 700 ATW with more than a couple trips to the dragstrip. The "sleeper" we are building is going to require some trips to the strip for a return on our sponsor's investment. HOWEVER, ultimately, we own the car and it's not going of the road as a race only car. As I said, my girlfriend will be driving it 6~8 miles a day through some stop and go. Pedal effort is a concern as my she wasn't wild about the RPS Stage 3 (IV?) in the Supra. To be honest, neither was I for driving in traffic. The RPS Carbon/Carbon or the Tilton sound great, but over $3000 for a clutch alone is out of our budget. The HKS triple being related to the Exedy triple makes sense, now that I think about it. With the new slave cylinder pushrod, any thoughs on pedal effort/driveability?

Thanks,

The Hks triple is probably the harshest clutch one could put in the supra. Just an FYI that pushrod that is soppused to make the triple driveable came with my kit for no extra charge. I still have the hks clutch sitting in my garage with only 3000 miles. I just broke my Rps carbon carbon with only about 7000 miles.
Ryan

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.