Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
As some of you probably know I'm preparing for my swap which will be starting on monday. I'm swaping an NA-T motor into my sc300. I have a map ecu for engine management. The engine has the turbonetics kit, so it utilizes the stock injectors plus two additional 440cc injectors which are mounted to the intercooler piping. The car also has a 3mm hg so I will be able to run more than the suggested 8 lbs of boost, but I do not plan on doing so for awhile. Does anyone have a map file they would suggest that I use for my setup? Is anyone currently running a map ecu with their turbonetics na-t kit? Thanks!

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I have most of it installed. Enough to make it driveable, but I haven't been able to drive it because I'm getting the whole car stripped and repainted.

·
Registered
2,561 Posts
um....why really?

Your still on stock injectors and the turbonetics kits utilizes a map sensor and controller to control the 2 extra injectors so that you do not need a map-ecu or other device. The kit is designed for a bolt-on and go kinda deal.

Now if you were to drop those (2) extra injectors and upgrade the stock injectors and up the boost....then you'd need to look into somethin like a map-ecu or hks vpc or something.

Really if your not planning to up the boost past 8psi, why bother?

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Well the difference between my turbonetics kit and most others is that I have a 3mm head gasket installed. Also, I plan to get rid of the extra injectors at some point and go with 720cc's.

·
Registered
721 Posts
F-max

I used to work for f-max, if you want to turn up the boost just re program the MF-2.

·
Registered
131 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I would like to get rid of all of the extra crap and just get new injectors eventually. I just do not have the funds right now.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts