Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I know this is probably a long shot, but is anyone using "Up Garage" Coilovers? I found a set here in Japan and was just curious, haven't found any reviews for it. Here is a picture of the description. Looks wise, similar color scheme to HKS Hypermax Coilovers. Much thanks in advance!

·
Registered
1,356 Posts
I didn't know upgarage made parts, I thought that they were just a retailer of used aftermarket parts. Are you sure upgarage isn't just the seller and the coil overs aren't a different brand? Maybe if they don't know what brand they are because they don't have any markings they put upgarage on the box?

·
Glad To Be Back
1,345 Posts
You have to be careful if you dont know what your doing your screwed. you just posted a pic of toyota crown coilovers. that says can be modified to fit a jza80

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I didn't know upgarage made parts, I thought that they were just a retailer of used aftermarket parts. Are you sure upgarage isn't just the seller and the coil overs aren't a different brand? Maybe if they don't know what brand they are because they don't have any markings they put upgarage on the box?
No I'm not sure, that's why I wanted to ask. They didn't have any brand markings on them except for "Up Garage" but they did look similar to HKS hypermax's.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
You have to be careful if you dont know what your doing your screwed. you just posted a pic of toyota crown coilovers. that says can be modified to fit a jza80
I haven't bought anything yet, I just was browsing through and saw some that had "JZA80" written on them. I wanted to ask about them before I picked anything up.

Are these Tein Flex Z's also for the crown but can be modified for JZA80?

·
Glad To Be Back
1,345 Posts
I haven't bought anything yet, I just was browsing through and saw some that had "JZA80" written on them. I wanted to ask about them before I picked anything up.

the tein flex z are good to go. they say they came off a supra and can be used on a supra or soarer

good luck shipmate

okinawa 2008-2010

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #7

the tein flex z are good to go. they say they came off a supra and can be used on a supra or soarer

good luck shipmate

okinawa 2008-2010

Much appreciated, I'm up in Atsugi myself. Japan is a pretty sweet duty station for sure.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Those are Up garage coilovers, they do "make" parts. However its more of a buy from generic vendor and brand it with your name kind of make. Same way Megan Racing "makes" parts.

And yes like 2cars4turbos said those coilovers can be MODIFIED to fit a jzz30 soarer or JZA80 supra. They are for a Majesta. The mounting points are the same, but I do believe the length is greater for the Majesta/Crowns. So depending on how low you wanted to go, it could be restrictive.

As far as the Tiens go, I feel thats pretty high for second hand.... There are some Silk Road RM/A8 for sale on YAJ for 40k and have only been used less then 30k km. It says they are for a Majesta, but Silk Road never made them the Majesta and you can see that lengths look about right when compared to JZA80/jzz30 coilovers. Which probably means this seller(wrecker/junkyard) pulled them off a Majesta that the owner had knowingly bought supra/soarer coilovers, maybe to go lower or for better spring rates.

If i didnt just buy some Hypermaxs I would be all over these.

·
Registered
233 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thank you very much for the feedback, I guess I'll have some thinking to do.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts