Supra Forums banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone local have a 6 speed rear end they are willing to trade for a auto rear end? Better acceleration guys!

Auto: 3.73
Manual: 3.27

Not that big of a jump. I am just stuck with a 3 speed transmission which kills me on the freeway. 3200rpm at 60mph is not cool.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
Varian glad to see your smiling face here again. Yes please tell us what you got going...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Oh yeah i didn't tell anyone really yet.

I have another red supra
sp74
850cc
th400
4500rpm stall
methanol being installed today
greddy 4 row
aem

You know the basics. previous owner did 10's on street tires. But he also had a horrible aem tune. Now that my tunes being ironed out who knows.

Unfortnately i am stuck with a max speed of around 153mph because of my gearing and my rpm at freeway cruizing speed is excessive.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
Wow...that is a damn impressive sounding Supra Varian. Congratulations! :)

I'm sure with a Gear Vendors OD unit you'll be back to setting top speeds in Mexico in no time flat. ;)

·
Registered
240 Posts
And that beast is all controlled by his two bare hands.........Hey buddy I was so happy to see you roll up the other day.....Probably the most amazing thing that I've ever seen in my life. That was a true testiment on your love of life...let me know when to shift.....7800 right???

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
yeah or 8000. Damn those gear vendors are the better route.

It's just ouch $2300 + new drive shaft cut and rebalanced. that's probably another $250 + 200 intallation. $3,000 for 26 mpg...

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
breakemlose said:
Oh yeah i didn't tell anyone really yet.

I have another red supra
sp74
850cc
th400
4500rpm stall
methanol being installed today
greddy 4 row
aem

You know the basics. previous owner did 10's on street tires. But he also had a horrible aem tune. Now that my tunes being ironed out who knows.

Unfortnately i am stuck with a max speed of around 153mph because of my gearing and my rpm at freeway cruizing speed is excessive.
Your set up sounds perfect for drag racing. GO GET'EM VARIAN!!!

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah its' geared for drag racing a bit. I just want something that takes bikes from 60mph roll ons.

Soon I'll get some vids of such occurances.

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
breakemlose said:
Yeah its' geared for drag racing a bit. I just want something that takes bikes from 60mph roll ons.

Soon I'll get some vids of such occurances.
Looking forward to seeing the videos Varian... Soon I hope.

Keep your front wheels on the ground, the rubber side down and run a cool motor...

·
Registered
1,340 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
93dawg: I got a few videos tonight. However they aren't converted yet. I'll have them shortly.

2004 r-1... 60-153mph

Unfortnately i don't win :(
I did have a 280 pound passenger and 50 more pounds of weight in the car. heh but those are only excuses. Run was done on 24.5 PSI. 9 degrees timing

·
OLDDAWG
1,733 Posts
breakemlose said:
93dawg: I got a few videos tonight. However they aren't converted yet. I'll have them shortly.

2004 r-1... 60-153mph

Unfortnately i don't win :(
I did have a 280 pound passenger and 50 more pounds of weight in the car. heh but those are only excuses. Run was done on 24.5 PSI. 9 degrees timing
Get rid of the extra weight and maybe next time you will win :bigthumb:

Where are the videos???

1 - 12 of 12 Posts