Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
M

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone every experience any problems after doing a major burnout? Brakes/tires/electronics/ or engine??? Thanks ahead of time.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Yeah, tires wore out. Hehe.

Seriously, I did this one crazy burnout in a parking lot for 45 secs or so spinning all over the place. I thought I'd put my last bit of tread to good use before I got new tires the next day. The long and short of it was that the tread seperated from the rest of the tire, flew off, and I had to have my car towed 40 miles to get new tires the next day. Also, I managed to warp the tread on the front two tires because of the lateral motion while spinning.

Hehe, it was a hell of a lot of fun though :). People were looking at me like, "What the fuck!" as my tread flew all over the place and smoke rose to the stars. Afterwards, the parking lot was defaced and literally littered with bits of tread.

:D

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
carcnoid said:
Yeah, tires wore out. Hehe.

Seriously, I did this one crazy burnout in a parking lot for 45 secs or so spinning all over the place. I thought I'd put my last bit of tread to good use before I got new tires the next day. The long and short of it was that the tread seperated from the rest of the tire, flew off, and I had to have my car towed 40 miles to get new tires the next day. Also, I managed to warp the tread on the front two tires because of the lateral motion while spinning.

Hehe, it was a hell of a lot of fun though :). People were looking at me like, "What the fuck!" as my tread flew all over the place and smoke rose to the stars. Afterwards, the parking lot was defaced and literally littered with bits of tread.

:D
haha should have gotten that sh!t on tape!!!

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Are you serious Drag-On? If you are there are two ways. The easy way is to rev the engine up to about 3500, turn the wheel about half way in either direction and dump the clutch. if you want to stay still you have to power brake it, just like an automatic but you have to hold down the clutch and brake with one foot then slide your foot off the clutch while still keeping your left foot on the brake.

Brian

·
Registered
76 Posts
Yeah, I was serious. I have only dragged with FWD cars. I this is my first RWD, I just wanted to know the proper way so I don't mess up my shit. Thanks again, even though it did sound kinda stupid.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
>> haha should have gotten that sh!t on tape!!!

I wish I did too. It was kind of spur of the moment. Also, my friends all wanted to be in the car while I did it... bastards!

Some of my friends get loaner BMW's and do the same thing. One night we took out a loaner 528 and tested the "road handling" capabilities of it. The car had 500 miles on it when we got it. With 550 miles, the tires were warped beyond all belief, paint had been destroyed, and brakes were nearly cooked.

We took it to this large parkinglot at FAU (Florida Atlantic University). Actually, it used to be an old airstrip, so you can see how large it is. Kicked it up to 100mph, slammed on the brakes, cut the wheel, spun. Threw it in reverse, hit 40, cut the wheel, E-brake, throw it in drive; J-turn. We had so much fun with those damn loaners.

The funniest thing is when they didn't get a BMW loaner, that was real pandemonium. One time he got some kind of tiny American car or something. Every wonder what happens when you throw the car in reverse when your cruising down the highway at 50mph? Yeah, well, the car stalls and you lose steering, brakes, and everything else electrical. Transmission still worked like a charm though! :) The same thing happens when you throw it into park at speed :)

I guess that's what you get when you buy a BMW. Too bad Toyota didn't have a similar policy :(. Ahhh youth...

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
www.speakeasy.org/~mlouie/supraburnout.mpeg

I did quiet a few like this. Never one problem. Just watch out for staying on it too long, you potentially could have a decent amount of body damage or hurt someone nearby if your tire blows.

-Mike

mkivcl94 said:
Anyone every experience any problems after doing a major burnout? Brakes/tires/electronics/ or engine??? Thanks ahead of time.

C

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Yeah the tires get REAL hot. The only tread that was left on the car had melted. I could definatly see a tire blowing.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts