Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
New here. Have been lurking for a while, but this is my first post.

I'm about to do new wheels for the Supra. I have some connections down here in the wheel business. As a result I can get them custom fit to my car. They will be 3 piece. I'm thinking of going 19" front and 20" rears. I'm not sure if the 20's will look too big though.

Has anyone here done this? Does anyone have pics? Any help would be greatly appriciated.

Bill

·
Registered
4,951 Posts
20's in the rear and 19's up front look hot as hell !!!

BTW.. post some pics of your Supra NEWBIE !!!

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #6 (Edited)
Thanks for the comments. I'm going to have an extra set of track wheels. On the street I don't drive too hard, so I'm not worried so much about traction. Is there much of a diffrence between 19's & 20's anyways, traction wise, as I'm definately not going any smaller then that.

I was waiting to finish the wheels before I posted a pic of the car, but nevermind. Here it is.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I got Dubs on my Supra. As stupid as that sounds, LoL. 20's in the rear is fine, upfront 19's should work pretty well. I wish i went with 19's upfront instead of 20's all around. But if your running 20's upfront dont expect to be drifting anytime with that. what used to be simple 3 pt turns are now 7pt turns.

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
I have 19 (f) 20 (r) and they're fine. I rub a little in the back, even with shaved fenders.

Only real complaint is that my headlights are pointed downward now, and with euro headlights the amount of lighting I get is pretty poor.

·
aKa Blk96SupraTT
3,866 Posts
I have 19 (f) 20 (r) and they're fine. I rub a little in the back, even with shaved fenders.
Only real complaint is that my headlights are pointed downward now, and with euro headlights the amount of lighting I get is pretty poor.

I dont understand how putting 19's upfront and 20's in the rear makes your headlights point downwards? And personally i think i get more light outta my Euros because of it being glass and not plastic that is starting to yellow.

Wells heres a pix of my car. Just enjoy being a pix post whore of my car.

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
I dont understand how putting 19's upfront and 20's in the rear makes your headlights point downwards? And personally i think i get more light outta my Euros because of it being glass and not plastic that is starting to yellow.

Wells heres a pix of my car. Just enjoy being a pix post whore of my car.

Your car looks great. Any more pics? Also, do you have a widebody kit? If so, are the wheel well openings the same a stock?

Bill

·
MSB for Life! :D
1,004 Posts
Because it's obvious that my rear is sitting higher than my front now, causing the headlights to be pointed downward. Granted, I don't have any suspension so I can't adjust this.

Yes, the Euro's are clearer in projecting the light. But you should know that due to the restriction plate, it causes the light distribution to look like this:

__/

The left headlight is lower than the right headlight. All Euro's have this, unless your's was taken out.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts