Supra Forums banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the Apexi filter pictured below. But it doesn't come with an adapter to go onto the MAF part of the intake. Does anyone else have this filter? I did a search and saw that someone put an Apexi filter for a 86-92 Supra on their MKIV.

But I'm looking for an adapter for this specific Apexi filter. A friend of mine gave it to me for my SC300. And from what I've heard, an adapter for the NA Supra would work on my car too? Please let me know where I can find an adapter. And a price range would be nice. Thanks!

·
road hazard
452 Posts
this is probably what you're looking for...

i got this adaptor with the apexi filter for a mkiii turbo. i'm sure if you gave apexi a call, they might be able to get you just the adaptor. since you're in so cali, apexi's US main office is located right on orange.

here's their contact info:

A'PEX Integration, Inc.
330 W. Taft
Orange, CA 92865

(714) 685-5700 Phone
(714) 685-5701 Fax

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. PST

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
toysupra1 said:
this is probably what you're looking for...

i got this adaptor with the apexi filter for a mkiii turbo. i'm sure if you gave apexi a call, they might be able to get you just the adaptor. since you're in so cali, apexi's US main office is located right on orange.

here's their contact info:

A'PEX Integration, Inc.
330 W. Taft
Orange, CA 92865

(714) 685-5700 Phone
(714) 685-5701 Fax

Business Hours
Monday - Friday
9:00a.m. - 6:00p.m. PST
OOOH...Looks like that's it...any more pictures of it? any angles of the sides where it bolts on? It fit perfectly on your NA? Thanks!

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,249 Posts
you dont even need the piping..you can leave the stock pipe if you want((the ugly plastic thing)) the piping wont help u as much as the intake. i have it and bought it from nopi also..but it came with an adapter. i DID hafta buy different screws tho..and due to the angle of the connector, one of em can be tricky to get in, just so u know.

2 THINGS THAT BUG ME ABOUT IT:

1) it just kinda hangs there w/out any reinforcement..probly wont be the case with the accord pipe..the pipe should hold it. or u could rig something yourself. dont hurt anything the way it hangs there..but i just dont like it.the stock plastic is connected and flexible...but i just cant imagine what its going thru over the bumpy road.

2) my "usual driving" combination of highway, but mostly city MPG's dropped from 19 to 16mpg. kinda sux... NOTe: i have an auto...and the filter makes it stay in third gear alot longer..and it rev's higher in every gear, so this is probably the cause...wont be as bad with a manual car.

WHAT I LIKE:
ya know how the car kinda suffocates right now between about 5400-6800 rpms? all noise and little power? well that'll dissapear real quick. i can actually FEEL it when i peak at 5600 rpms.((hp or tq... i cant remember which peaks there) but you feel it get pulling real hard to there..and then just about as hard all the way to the redline...its a nice feeling, yes it is :cool:

JUST SOMETHING YOU'LL NOTICE:
after installing, when you start your car up...you'll hear a slightly raspy sound...almost like a mini-blower. you can now hear your car sucking in the air. sounds kinda cool. a post a made a long time ago when i put it on back in ....NOV? maybe. may still be accessible...it gives an indepth review of what i thought after installing and driving. see if you cant find that.
hope this helps
Bob

·
Supra Member
1,822 Posts
I remember there was an article on mkiv.com that showed someone mounting the apexi filter with toilet plumbing purchased from a hardware store... too bad the site is still down :(

·
road hazard
452 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
1) it just kinda hangs there w/out any reinforcement..probly wont be the case with the accord pipe..the pipe should hold it. or u could rig something yourself. dont hurt anything the way it hangs there..but i just dont like it.the stock plastic is connected and flexible...but i just cant imagine what its going thru over the bumpy road.
my accord pipe came with some straight metal bracket. i mickey-moused my own bracket by bending it and attaching it to an existing bolt in the engine bay. my apexi intake is really sturdy and hangs over without touching any piping or the engine walls.

·
Boosted NA
246 Posts
yeah i have the Apexi filter...

just the filter, no piping, i bolted it to a bolt on the fender on the left side, it hold it is place pretty well, at high RPM's i can hear my glove compartment whistling (intake is right on other side) its cool and u can tell the stock air box is pretty restricted...

Nick

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I just called them and they said I have to make my own adapter! argg...They don't sell the adapters seperately.

Anyone with suggestions? How much to get one made? I've seen the article on the homemade adapter, but I can't find those parts at my local hardware store...

·
road hazard
452 Posts
howiedoit said:
I just called them and they said I have to make my own adapter! argg...They don't sell the adapters seperately.

Anyone with suggestions? How much to get one made? I've seen the article on the homemade adapter, but I can't find those parts at my local hardware store...
i suggest you call some of the local speed shops. give sp engineering, uprd, or some of the local rice shops and they might be able to help you out. ask for an intake adaptor for a mkiii turbo.

here's a pic of an intake adaptor. it is mkivsoopra's intake setup. here's what he said about it...

Originally posted by mkivsoopra
You can probably make one, but you can buy them too. I bought mine from one of those "import shops." It's made by OBX, a bit crude, but it gets the job done.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I called SP a while back to inquire about an adapter for my SC, but they said that they didn't know where I could get one. Maybe I'll call again and ask for a Supra adapter.

Too bad the Apexi bolts on differently from the K&Ns. Or else I could have just got any adapter out there...would have saved me a lot of trouble...

·
road hazard
452 Posts
howiedoit said:
I called SP a while back to inquire about an adapter for my SC, but they said that they didn't know where I could get one. Maybe I'll call again and ask for a Supra adapter.

Too bad the Apexi bolts on differently from the K&Ns. Or else I could have just got any adapter out there...would have saved me a lot of trouble...
i guess the only way for you to use the apexi filter is to mickey-mouse some sort of adaptor if apexi can't sell you just the adaptor part. the attachment on the apexi filter is completely different from k&n's and apc's.

here's a link to my intake system album...
http://community.webshots.com/album/27330571uDJHhXpOPn

look at the picture called "intake-bottom." i believe those screw holes were made to adapt just to the apexi adaptor.

time to crack out your mac-guyver skills bro.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts