Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Has anyone pieced together their on kit. For example HKS or GReddy header, Garret or Turbonetics turbo, custom oil and coolant lines, piping here and there. Just what ever it takes to build a single turbo kit. Is it worth to do yourself or just buy an off the shelf kit? Thanks.

·
"Philzilla"
694 Posts
Although I started with an RPS kit (no turbo), I built and/or customized everything. I had special bungs welded into the header and shorty downpipe, I had them coated, I wrapped them, I built custom intercooler piping (working with a mandrel-bending shop), rebuilt custom oil feed and coolant routings, radically modified the oem water neck, etc. On top of everything sits a Fastrax T-51R turbo that has been further customized. Whether you do it yourself or buy a ready-to-install kit depends on the time you want to put into the job, and how specific your needs are. For example, I custom-wrapped the (already-coated) header and shorty downpipe to further reduce under-hood heat, since I'm building the car for roadracing where underhood heat from a big single turbo is a serious problem.

M

·
0 Posts
I did one with the cast manifold, and I have it up for sale now.
It took a lot of time to configure it all....(check the for sale section)
Its great, but I need new projects.

H.

·
Registered
2,236 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
MACH1nTTcoupe said:
I did one with the cast manifold, and I have it up for sale now.
It took a lot of time to configure it all....(check the for sale section)
Its great, but I need new projects.

H.
Send me some pics please.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts