Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm wanting to get 18x8.5 and 18x10.5 SSR Competitions. I went on Tenabe's website and they recomend 18x8.5 +41 for the front and 18x9.5 +41 in the rear. I want to get 10.5 in the rear but the only offsets are +35 and +45 so I don't know which one to get, so I was wondering if anyone on here has those wheels with 10.5's in the rear or if someone would help me out. LMK

Thanks,
Mike

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
I have 18" X 10-1/2"R and 9-1/2"F both are +45mm offset and I think they fit perfectly with 255/35F and 285/30R tires; next tire size up front and back might fit but it's very close, with a roll or cut fender definitely would fit next tire sizes up. I'm lowered a little over 1-1/4" on Tein HA's. Never touched or any kind of interference problem at all even with hard driving/cornering.

PS: mine are not SSR btw, I have Veilside. My above offsets assume you don't have to use a spacer to clear the brakes, since a spacer would change the offsets requ'd.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
But the offsets seem to be different for every wheel, even the SSR's, so that is why I'm looking for someone that has SSR Competitions. But thank you for your imput Nick.

·
Registered
1,555 Posts
Well I hear that these wheels are now discontinued and only have a few wheels left.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
Offsets are not different for different wheels, unless a spacer gets involved. The same offsets for different brand wheels of the same width will put the wheels at the same location within the wheel well. Besides looks, an important difference to know about wheels is if they clear the brakes so you know if you have to factor in a spacer or not. If you check Steve's fitment guide, it doesn't change the recommended offsets depending on brand of wheel, it is universal.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Well I was interested in a different set of SSR's and the suggested offsets were different. I just want to be sure because I don't want the wheels to stick out too far or need a spacer because its too far in, thats all.

·
Part of the MSB club
1,391 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
They're not discontinued, Tenabe bought them out and are making them again. I found a company that is selling them, and all the other wheels SSR made.

·
Registered
13,584 Posts
They're not discontinued, Tenabe bought them out and are making them again. I found a company that is selling them, and all the other wheels SSR made.
Can you please PM me the link to who is selling SSR Comp's? I still see tirerack listing the wheels but some of the wider selections are no longer on their list.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts