Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I wired in my vpc/safc a while back. I've played around and think I got the options/functions of the SAFC2 memorized and learned how to work. Anyways, on the "sensor type", I was told to select "Pressure". But after I select pressure, there's an "In" and "Out" setting. What numbers should I have it set at?

I know on mkiv.com it says the TT guys should select "Hotwire" and "12 12", but that is without the vpc. I selected "pressure" instead of "hotwire" and now I dunno what about the 2 numbers. What are those numbers for anyways? I currently have it at "3 3", dunno why, but my car's idling ok with it, so...

·
Registered
3,623 Posts
michaelvanle said:
Well I wired in my vpc/safc a while back. I've played around and think I got the options/functions of the SAFC2 memorized and learned how to work. Anyways, on the "sensor type", I was told to select "Pressure". But after I select pressure, there's an "In" and "Out" setting. What numbers should I have it set at?

I know on mkiv.com it says the TT guys should select "Hotwire" and "12 12", but that is without the vpc. I selected "pressure" instead of "hotwire" and now I dunno what about the 2 numbers. What are those numbers for anyways? I currently have it at "3 3", dunno why, but my car's idling ok with it, so...
I think you have your settings wrong.

http://www.mkiv.com/techarticles/afc/index.html

It says in the write up:
-Go to [main] ~>[etc.] ~> [1. Sensor Type] ~> [1. Hot-Wire] ~> [in-12, Out-12] ~> [in-1, Out-1]

So the sensor type should be "[in-1, Out-1]"
also it says "If you are installing the VPC with the AFC, then install the AFC on the output wire of VPC" So the sensor setting stay the same.

·
11,221 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well when I select hotwire, it gives me 2 settings I need to plug in "sensor type" iirc and "sensor calibration". Seeing how mkiv.com has [12, 12] -> [1, 1] I assume "sensor type" should be 12,12 and "sensor calibration" should be 1,1.

With that being said, I get 1.9% airflow with the ignition to "ON" (without starting engine), sounds right? Also I used a 1500ohm for the maf resistor, does it change anything?

1 - 4 of 4 Posts