Supra Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Seen some around that convert the ipod signal into the factory stacker signal. Still able to play/pause and skip from the headunit.

Otherwise upgrade headunits to an ipod compatible one?

Dan.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Of course....new deck with direct aux or iPod input :bigthumb:
Otherwise...Harmon Kardon makes the Drive and play which is an FM mod but wires directly into the FM antenna.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^Not 100% sure, but it does look like you lose the changer when using that unit

·
Asian Sensation
1,209 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
guess i forgot to mention that i have the stock navi so upgrading to a new stereo isn't going to be an option otherwise i wouldnt be posting

·
6Spd TT Aerotop
3,620 Posts
Honestly I think losing the stacker for a stacker ipod mod is your only option then. Unless your navi has aux in for TV/Video? But also presuming you wouldn't be able to use the navi at the same time then.

Dan.

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
Harmon Kardon Drive and play still sounds like your best option IMO

·
Supra-NA-T...Girls -Twin
2,165 Posts
^If you dont like the HK piece - Kenwood has a unit that will work called the A200, but your car has to have RDS. It also give you the ability to add BT, USB, sat, etc

·
Unnaturally Aspirated
330 Posts
The kenwood piece is nice if you have RDS. What model Lexus do you have? Models featuring a factory fiber optic antenna will not be compatable with any wired FM mod. I have had several ground noise problems with the HK unit myself, hopefully others were more successful. The best option is going to be a factory aux input adapter that uses the changer input on the back of the radio. If you have an IPOD, why would you need a changer?

1 - 11 of 11 Posts