Supra Forums banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In regards to the Apexi AVC-R boost controller (the new style, with the screen and other junk), I heard that it makes a noise when the turbo's spool? I'm not exactly sure what that is about, but if anyone can clear this up, that would be much appreciated. How is this boost controller for stock twins?

Thanks,
-Brian.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
moogie vic has it and so does rodger M

vic car still uses the stock twins and of course you know RM is not

the unit is very easy to use ..i was told other wise but after seeing how it works i would have bought the unit if i did not get my blitz dsbc as for noise i cant say i heard a thing but then again he does have an exaust

also my apexi profec A that was in my stealth did make a clicking sound so this might be normal!

but with that boost controler (avcr) you can go rong its a very good unit!

·
Registered
157 Posts
I had AVC-R and it was a bitch to use. It had a bunch function that I didn't know how to use or need. Also everytime when your car is making boost the stupid AVC-R's stepping motor will make very fast clicking noise. It was loud and annoying. I got rid of it and now using EVC4 special edition. I don't have problems using the EVC4.

·
Registered
30 Posts
I have the AVCR and it made a very loud clicking sound. It was mounted on metal inside of fender. I have a plactic home made air box, changed the location to just mounted on the plastic and NO NOISE AT ALL. It just needs to be mounted OFF of a metal
body part and its fine.
Cheers,
Len

·
Lets go Nets
2,956 Posts
i have the avc-r, its fine, its also easy to use, if you mess around with it a little you figure out how to use it. i can't complain about it.

·
Registered
853 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Cool.. so mounting the AVC-R onto plastic solves the problem with the click noise when boosting?

Also, where did you mount this unit? Is the install difficult?

-Brian.

·
Registered
157 Posts
MoogieBoogie said:
Cool.. so mounting the AVC-R onto plastic solves the problem with the click noise when boosting?

Also, where did you mount this unit? Is the install difficult?

-Brian.
the fast and loud clicking sound is from your stepping motor and you mound that somewhere under you hood. As far as where you want to put the unit it's up to you.

·
Registered
131 Posts
i dunno what noise u guys ar etalking about... i have one and it makes no noise. I have the solenoid mounted onto the side of my fan shroud and the acuator on the side intake manif. Works fine. Ive had it for about a year and never knew how to mess with it. Ive always been told to just leave it alone and only change the boost pressure and duty cycle. Well i started fucking around with it because i would never really hold 18-20psi, and i raised the "Ne" points by 500 rpm each and now i have no traction in 2nd :D Im gonna do some more "testing" tonight against some other supras and vettes hopefully.:D

Oh yea, my car is just BPU. FYI

·
Registered
131 Posts
after a few high speed test runs i can say that was cool :D Im still in sequential and BPU. I have a 6sp too. I set the duty to 70% and the boost to 1.3 bar. In 1st flew by too fast to hold anything :D. Second was holding 1.01-1.05. Third was holding 1.1-1.09 bar. 4th held 1.2 bar and fifth spiked to 1.3 and held 1.25-1.29 bar. I let off after that cause i was running out of road.

under the "etc." section, I set the AVCr for 6cyl car (of course), changed the THR points to 8 instead of 4, and raied the "Ne" points by 500 rpm.
I dont know what any of that did, but my car feels a lot stronger. I did run race gas, a 50/50 mix with pump just to make sure it didnt break up or detonate up top. Seemed to do very well. I will test more this weekend :D

·
Supra Fender Covers PM me
502 Posts
I have a profec b and an safc now if the avcr is good, then i am thinking of selling the profec b and getting the avcr.
So any more personal experiences would be appreciated.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts