Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've bought an intercooler got a good deal on it....its a apexi. Is this ok to run with the stock twins? has anyone had any success with this intercooler? any feedback would be appreciated -TIM

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i know of one person who has it ..no real complaints but most people dont like it ..for bpu its ok!

·
Registered
283 Posts
Tim,
I have heard/read many comments on the Apexi unit with stock twins. Most all of them were very happy with the results from adding the Apexi FMIC.

Just about all of the comments I have heard about running aftermarket FMICs with the stock twins have been positive. Most claim that the car is better able to hold peak rwhp to redline. Usually, the stock twins peak and then hp drops pretty dramatically towards redline.

Most common complaints with the Apexi FMIC are that it is smaller than the Greddy FMICs and the larger HKS units. Also, it doesn't come with the upper hard pipes.

I'll bet that you will be pretty happy with the performance gains you will get with the FMIC.

Good luck with it!
KGB

·
HKS whore
31 Posts
I've got the apex and don't have any real complaints. It was a pain in the ass to get the driver side piping to reach up to the TB (might have been because of the hardpipe from the blitz BOV kit) but all in all the install wasn't too bad.

It would've been nice if it came with the upper pipes. The core also sits pretty low.

·
Registered
525 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
sounds pretty good...i wonder what i'll run with the bleeder t and the FMIC :) ...have to get the other BPU parts again...n1, dp, intake 11's!!!!!

·
You serious?
2,999 Posts
I know that this is not the same, but I am currently using the Blitz FMIC and it is great. I am at BPU as well.

·
Poser Extraordinaire
350 Posts
I like my Apexi FMIC,

but as someone else mentioned, it sits really low, so low in fact that I cracked one of the mounting tabs. I hit a parking pylon at very very low speed, and nonetheless, it cracked the fmic, had to take it out and get a shop to weld the crack

still a good FMIC, just be careful when parking.

ting

1 - 7 of 7 Posts