Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Do I need anything else in order to use this item ? My car is running really rich, so I need a way to adjust it.

·
Registered
1,317 Posts
You also need a wideband so you can see where the engine is running rich. I would look at the Maft Gen 2 too since it allows you to eliminate the AFM.

www.maftpro.com

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Just the AFC2 + a wideband or a dyno tune session. A wideband cost just a little more than a 1 hour dyno tune these days, so I say go for the wideband and have one forever...much better investment.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Boostin'
146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I have a faulty MAF, so I'm thinking of just getting a MAP ECU so I can get rid of it. Would this be a better way to go instead of the SAFC or is there something else you would suggest ? Anything except a standalone EMS, I don't have the coin for that right now. :)

·
Registered
405 Posts
since everyone is on this subject... i was wonderin... i have a apex safc II... so i disconnected the battery, when i replaced it with a new one and started up my car my safc II was blank... it shows nothing on the screen... could it be the unit that is a lost? or does a program have to be installed or something?

·
Premium Member
10,086 Posts
Liquidus said:
I have a faulty MAF, so I'm thinking of just getting a MAP ECU so I can get rid of it. Would this be a better way to go instead of the SAFC or is there something else you would suggest ? Anything except a standalone EMS, I don't have the coin for that right now. :)

Ah. Then I definitely recommend you go ahead with the MAP ECU instead. Price difference is very small as you can see for yourself. AFC2 is now (these days) overpriced for what it does (and does not) do. MAP ECU is a much better deal.

Regards,

Dusty

1 - 6 of 6 Posts