Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, will someone be kind enough to share their Apexi AFC High and Low throttle numbers win me? I need them for a NA not NA-T. Please let me know if anyone can help. Also does anyone know if the numbers for the AFC from MKIV.com is safe to use for an NA since they are for a twin turbo? :sadwavey:

Thanks,
George

·
11,221 Posts
The throttle % just tells the SAFC when to switch from low map to high map. It's not car/setup specific. I don't see why you have an SAFC on an NA though. Anyways, it's recommended 74/75, but I personally like 40/60. I like to be on the high map on "partial" throttle too.

I don't think it makes that much of a diff in an NA?? Since there's not much to tune anyways.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for your help. The reason why I have a SAFC in my NA is because I was going to go NA-T but but decided to scrap that project and just finish my TT motor for a swap. I was just lazy to go back in and cut it out. Can you also tell me if these settings can hurt you car if they are wrong? Can it cause the fuel to run lean and melt the engine internals?

Thanks,
George

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
michaelvanle said:
The throttle % just tells the SAFC when to switch from low map to high map. It's not car/setup specific. I don't see why you have an SAFC on an NA though. Anyways, it's recommended 74/75, but I personally like 40/60. I like to be on the high map on "partial" throttle too.

I don't think it makes that much of a diff in an NA?? Since there's not much to tune anyways.

The two setting are supposed to be right next to each other, 74/75.....if you do 40 60 your running 3 fuel maps.

Lo map til 40
stock map from 40-60
high map from 60 on. you need to fix that or you'll be running the stock fuel map at mid throttle..

and theyre very useful on the NA's. An extra 10hp and tq over the entire powerband.

·
Registered
342 Posts
i have mine at 89 90,i doesnt really matter where you set it at its really up to you its not going to hurt the car.

·
11,221 Posts
BlackSupra93 said:
The two setting are supposed to be right next to each other, 74/75.....if you do 40 60 your running 3 fuel maps.

Lo map til 40
stock map from 40-60
high map from 60 on. you need to fix that or you'll be running the stock fuel map at mid throttle..

and theyre very useful on the NA's. An extra 10hp and tq over the entire powerband.

From my understanding, if I set the maps the way they are, anywhere between 40-60 it'll combine the 2 maps and make one that's between there.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey guys what about the individual low and high settings? The part where the bar graph either moves up or down depending on how much you increase the throttle percentage. If anyone has an idea how to set this part let me know please.

Thanks,
George

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
michaelvanle said:
From my understanding, if I set the maps the way they are, anywhere between 40-60 it'll combine the 2 maps and make one that's between there.

it may be that, but either way im pretty sure its best to have the two settings next to each other

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
Hey guys what about the individual low and high settings? The part where the bar graph either moves up or down depending on how much you increase the throttle percentage. If anyone has an idea how to set this part let me know please.

Thanks,
George
once you hit what ever position you set your 'hi' setting to, after that throttle psoition % that fuel map will take over. to tune that map, you need to get on a dyno or get a wideband 02 sensor and tune the top end of the curve. Basically just lean it out a bit....i wouldnt go any leaner than 12.5:1 A/F from 4500rpms on in an NA car and any leaner than 11 or 11.5:1 on an NA-t car.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Hey blacksupra93, I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry newbie to this scene. What was your settings on you NA?

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
SealSupra-6 said:
Hey blacksupra93, I have no idea what you are talking about, sorry newbie to this scene. What was your settings on you NA?
each car is different, thats the thing. You can't use other people's settings. The AFC is tricking you ECU into modifying your fuel map. Each car's map is slightly different. if you lean it out too much, you could melt things, or blow things, or cause knock, etc...

If you don't understand how it works, I'd take your car to a dyno and let them tune it. It's pretty straightforward. For every approximate .2 change in air fuel ratio, you change 1% on the AFC. Negative %'s take away fuel, positive %'s add fuel. On an NA you'll be leaning out the 'hi' setting, but theres no way to tel how much unless you get a wideband oxygen sensor setup or get to a dyno that has wideband. The maximum I'd lean the car out to is about 12.5 ratio if you're na. The stock ecu dumps fuel at full throttle on the top end to keep things extra safe, which robs power. You will probably find your stock air fuel ratio is near 10:1 or even richer. search around for more information on how it works.

·
Now...Whitesupra94
3,284 Posts
96sc3 said:
do you mean richer?

well, richer applies there too, but I feel that its not safe to take the AFR's much leaner than 12.5:1 top end(NA car). I think I hit 12.8 at one point, the rest are 12.0-12.6

I'm sure I could get a few more out of it leaning it out to 13, but it's not worth the risk IMO

·
Registered
415 Posts
74/75 for throttle.
If you leave your fuel settings at 0, no changes will be made, and if your stock ECU is still intact, no engine damage should result.
Change the fuel up or down at your own risk.
This is not something you can 'play-by-ear'

Cheers,
~Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts