Supra Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
mc booster
1,033 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
:stickpoke will the apexi afc II take care of my fuel cut prob. i dont think it will but some kid told me it would. i mean this by it self no bigger injectors no lex.

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
You're best best if you want to raise fuel cut safely and realiably is to get 550's, lex afm, and an afc to tune it you should be safe to around 14~16psi depending on how good of shape your CT-26 is

·
Registered
520 Posts
an afc wont do much about fuel cut, gotta get a fcd, or standalone, or 550/lex combo or something most piggybacks by themselves dont eliminate fuel cut. a year or 2 ago i had a rebic LC and that got rid of it and rev limit, anyway afc wont do much.

·
Premium Member
5,301 Posts
91supraT said:
an afc wont do much about fuel cut, gotta get a fcd, or standalone, or 550/lex combo or something most piggybacks by themselves dont eliminate fuel cut. a year or 2 ago i had a rebic LC and that got rid of it and rev limit, anyway afc wont do much.
Actually with a good tuner you can raise it up pretty high with a AFC.

If you have a MKIV or walbro pump, AFPR, Lex/550's, you can effectively make fuel cut almost non existent. The only time it might come into play is when you may want to use race gas and turn up the boost. I ran two of my setups to 20-22psi on the Lex/550 setup and never hit cut. It all depends on how your tuner takes care of your map. If he does it right, he can raise it to a point that you probably won't ever see it.

·
Registered
520 Posts
Trent said:
Actually with a good tuner you can raise it up pretty high with a AFC.

If you have a MKIV or walbro pump, AFPR, Lex/550's, you can effectively make fuel cut almost non existent. The only time it might come into play is when you may want to use race gas and turn up the boost. I ran two of my setups to 20-22psi on the Lex/550 setup and never hit cut. It all depends on how your tuner takes care of your map. If he does it right, he can raise it to a point that you probably won't ever see it.

how does just an afc adjust the fuel cut that much? i thought you had to physically add more air and fuel (with injectors and lex) to really raise it up much. otherwise you would just be kind of tricking the ecu into thinking there was more air flow and then it would give more fuel? (is that accurate?) i know the 440's can flow quite a bit higher than many think, but wouldn't the stock afm choke the system pretty quick that way? if I am way off, sorry to waste your time.

thanks
Dan

·
Registered
583 Posts
if you make the af ratio tight and not sloppy and rich then im guessing fuel cut gets raised up and the tighter you get the longer you can go without hitting it. These are just my guesses tho. someone correct if im wrong.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts