Supra Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im going to be installing an Apexi Egt gauge this weekend. I know its been debatable about mounting the probe in the top of the dp but i dont feel like going through all the trouble of getting to the 6th runner. Well what size drill bit will i need and what size tap. Any other tips that would make the install go smoother would be appreciated. Thanks guys.

·
Registered
1,009 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
the gauge instructions say to drill a 8.4-8.5 mm hole. Do you guys no what size drill bit this would be. Also it says to insert the crush washer, fitting nut, and the ex. temp sensor into the fitting union in that order. Ive tried pushing the probe through but it will not go through the crush washer. Do i just need to give it a little more force. Just scared i might break it. Thanks guys

·
Registered
74 Posts
The correct drill size that falls between 8.4mm and 8.5mm is called a "Q" size bit. A "Q" size bit is actually .3220 inches in diameter. A tool shop supply store should have a "Q" size bit. The closest fractional size bit is 21/64 inch which equals .3281 inch. A 21/64 bit is only .0061 inches smaller than the Q size.
I hope this helps.
John B.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts