Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know how loud the Apexi GT exhaust is, compared to factory standard (which is what I've got now)? If anyone's got one, is there any droning?
Secondly, will a Greddy speed cut defender and Greddy boost cut defender for a JZA80 GTE 6 speed fit on an auto (are there any differences?). I should probably add that mine is J spec.

Steve.

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
SO 93.5TT said:
Does anyone know how loud the Apexi GT exhaust is, compared to factory standard (which is what I've got now)? If anyone's got one, is there any droning?
Secondly, will a Greddy speed cut defender and Greddy boost cut defender for a JZA80 GTE 6 speed fit on an auto (are there any differences?). I should probably add that mine is J spec.

Steve.
you mean hks speed cut defender
yes both will work in auto or 6spd but im not sure about jspec .
sorry cant help you there.

·
Registered
885 Posts
i sold my GT-Spec a month ago, due to livin in cali. by far i think the GT-Spec is the best bang for the buck 2nd ranking exhaust.
at first when you get it and you still have stock cats, it will sound like stock at idle, but after dirving th car for a week or 2, once all the fiberglass is burned off, i rumbles at idle, especially with a dp. at WOT its a monster, especially with a dp. i sawy buy the
gt-spec and a downpipe, and you will apreciate the big difference

·
Registered
104 Posts
GT Spec Is a Good Deal

I can only answer for how it works with a down pipe.

You can get a "silencer" that screws into the tail pipe and reduces the noise to almost the stock loudness level. The silencer comes with the exhaust when you buy it new. Without the silencer it is definitely louder than stock, but a very nice throaty rumble that only gets really loud under full throttle. I use the silencer on the street but remove it for autocross and other sport uses; takes five minutes.

Great system for the money.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So none of you guys with the Apexi GT system get any droning in the cabin from the exhaust? I'm looking for a system that offers performance without the droning that's characteristic of some after market systems. Your feedback is very positive so far.

thanks,

Steve.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts