Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Banned
624 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Which is better honestly I cant tell the difference between the two.
I'd like to know which is the best choice both are priced pretty close too.

Thanks.

·
Registered
967 Posts
Better in terms of what? I have the N1, it is not as loud as some of the other exhausts, but does seem loud at times. My friend had the GT spec and it semed to be more quiet with a total different sound. As far as performance, we didnt do any before and after dynos to be able to give you that type of info, but im sure many have.

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
I have the Apexi GT Spec exhaust and I love it. I assume it is much quieter than the N1 just because the GT spec has a larger muffler and a large resonator. They are both made by Apexi so the quality is going to be the same. You can't really go wrong either way.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
I had the N1 back in the day when I was BPU, it's great bang for the buck. Dimension wise I believe it's equal to the GT spec, but the GT Spec is fully polished vs the N1's muffler is polished only.

·
Na Zdrowie
958 Posts
From apexi website,

Both N1 and GT Spec have 85-95 mm (3.4" to 3.7") piping, and 115 mm (4.5") exhaust tips

G

·
Go with the GT spec for the polished stainless piping and muffler! The N1 has mild steel piping with a polished muffler. As for performance they are both relatively equal.

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts
GT spec looks wise without question, performance is prolly the same...

·
95 Hardtopper X 2
1,709 Posts

·
Member Since 2000...
909 Posts
the new exhaust looks pretty good besides the blued tip.

·
Registered
134 Posts
I have the apexi gt spec. I like it. Kinda wish it was louder at times

·
Eye Kandy For Enthusiasts
1,091 Posts
Black98tt said:
I have the apexi gt spec. I like it. Kinda wish it was louder at times

I feel the same way, i have the GT Spec exhaust as well and its pretty good, but when it comes to being loud, its not the HKS TI, ill tell you that much.

·
Drive Hard
640 Posts
When i was BPU i had Apexi N1. I love the sound of that exhaust...loud on full trottle and much comfortable and low noise on cruise

·
Registered
2,913 Posts
supraswap said:
ok so GT since fully polished.
The NEW N-1 is available FULLY POLISHED too. I saw and heard one 2 weeks ago.

ALSO, keep in mind that the front flange on the GT Spec necks down to about 2.9" ID, so if you want to take advantage of the larger ID of the rest of the system, you'll need to replace the front flange. I replaced mine with a 3.5" V-band and it worked out nicely.

1 - 20 of 29 Posts