Supra Forums banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
i saw this on the website link below. i was wondering if there really is such a thing? im willing to buy it if they have one for supra specs. the store supposedly does

OPTION AUTO Apexi N1 DUAL EXHAUST

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
i think its bad ass and unique. i havent seen anyone with it. im have to sell my apexi gt-spec because i already got ticketed for it (paid $200 with fixit). i dont want to be caught again and ill be screwed if it was the same cop which patrols around my area. my supra has been giving me headaches with parts and money, and this comes along and shit

so i plan to get an above stock quiet, non big agressive exhaust, with baffles on, and leave my downpipe on with an electronic cut off so i can have it roaring loud whenever i want to (because im a loud exhaust type of person). other wise i dont want my car sounding loud all the time and me having to worry about cops. i was going to go with TRD GEN1 but its hard to find and expensive. gota have something different once in a while. same concept as the hks dual dragger, dont see anything wrong with the N1 duals.

·
Republican
8,421 Posts
Thats kinda cool.........

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
First off, those are knock-off mufflers. They aren't made by Apex Integration.

Second, those aren't the same size as a real N1 can, they are smaller and resemble the HKS dual dragger muffler.

·
Vitesse
673 Posts
I saw and heard an FD RX7 with a set and I must say it is a very nice system. Unfortunatly it wouldn't fit right on our cars. Have you seen what a dual dragger looks like on our cars? Well if you havn't, it looks retarded. Hangs too low and the opening on the rear bumper not going to be filled. Sorry just my 00.02

BTW, my car came with the dual dragger......

AMMO

·
Premium Member
5,986 Posts
Before you start thinking you'd be the first to have this, HKS makes an almost identical muffler to this one and I've seen it on a few Supras. As for sound levels, I can't imagine that this is much quieter then your gt-spec. If anything, this will attract even more visual attention. I'm not trying to rain on your parade or diss your idea... just making sure you see the whole picture.

TRD94JZA80TT said:
i think its bad ass and unique. i havent seen anyone with it. im have to sell my apexi gt-spec because i already got ticketed for it (paid $200 with fixit). i dont want to be caught again and ill be screwed if it was the same cop which patrols around my area.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 · (Edited)
i think this looks beter than the hks dual dragger ( i think the tips look better than the hks), of course its not the actual n1 can but has similar looks. hks dragger is in the quiet category of exhausts so i would imagine this is way quieter than my gt-spec because it has smaller diamter piping, i will also plan to leave the baffles on. i also think a big huge can in the back of a car attracts more attention ( i admit big ass canisters does have some rice in it), than small dual canisters (which makes the car look like it just has a modified tip). i just want my back end to look nice, i dont really want peforeman out of the exhaust, my perfomance and sound will come off of the downpipe and electronic cut off.

there might have to be some fabrication done such as hanging the exhaust higher, and modifying the exhaust opening on the bumper, but after all is done (setup, fabrication) i think it would look decent and efficient. just to let you kno, if your a fan of the original abflug s900, it has dual tips. i also think dual exhaust systems/tips are more hardcore drag.

now for the main point, how do you know its a knock-off? apexi does make N1 duals, for liek rx7's and 240's for sure, i dont see why not make a real one for the supra.

·
Supraholic/Boostaholic
1,513 Posts
There was a black Supra on overboost.com, with a dual exhaust setup. Wasn't sure if it was an Apex or HKS one, but looked bad compared to the one BIG canisters :cool: It was the "Stealth" Supra or something...exterior was badass.

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
thanks for telling me. it was an hks dual dragger on the stealth supra

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
what you mean? dude i dont think this exhaust is rice at all. its the big huge cans that are

·
Bad Texan Boy
4,266 Posts
LMBLF8 said:
There was a black Supra on overboost.com, with a dual exhaust setup. Wasn't sure if it was an Apex or HKS one, but looked bad compared to the one BIG canisters :cool: It was the "Stealth" Supra or something...exterior was badass.
I know what you mean...

Here's a pic :D

Found in 2 mins ;)

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
hey craig king, you really have a pic of it on a supra? please post it up!

·
Registered
885 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
are those actual real size N1's? they look pretty big. is that custom or what? i would think that the dual N1's there selling is smaller since its only wuppose to have a 90mm tip. thanks for the pic

·
Old School Socal Member
364 Posts
If you're looking for something quiet and/or something that the cops won't notice, the N! dual shit aint gonna cut it. It in no way looks like its stock. You are better off getting an older Greddy SP. But no exhaust out there really resembles the stock one that much.

·
Registered
1,532 Posts
Why not just put a silencer on your Apexi GT Spec when driving around town? Then when you decide to do some fast driving or take the car to the track, you only have to unbolt 1 screw and you're good to go.

Did you get ticketed from the nosie of the exhaust or the fact that it's aftermarket? (I once had a cop tell me that EVERY aftermarket exhaust is illegal, no matter what the noise level. But that's BS)

1 - 20 of 23 Posts