Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
27 Posts
i don't believe you will need any controller after you have the apex'i power FC as it is a full standalone.
is it really out ? i've been waiting for this item for a long while

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The last I heard Apex was not going to make the Power FC for the MKIV. If this is for real, then it's big news. Can anyone confirm?

L

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
please goto:

http://godspeed.hack.net/apexi.htm

and check it out.

It says:

Available for:

Type R (00-01 require harness adaptor)

Del Sol VTEC/Civic Si (Civic Si and 94-95 Del Sol VTEC requires harness adaptor)

Celica GTS 00+ (6 speed only)

RX7 93+

Sylvia (all)

Supra TT 6 speed

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
I wouldn't just go ahead and buy that if I was you. I have a feeling the idiot webmaster just fucked up. Call Apexi before buying anything. BTW, if it does work, great!! -let us all know..... additionally, a boost controller is a ~$400 option to the PowerFC. Not sure if it adds any additional functionality.

-Mike

legendr34 said:
please goto:

http://godspeed.hack.net/apexi.htm

and check it out.

It says:

Available for:

Type R (00-01 require harness adaptor)

Del Sol VTEC/Civic Si (Civic Si and 94-95 Del Sol VTEC requires harness adaptor)

Celica GTS 00+ (6 speed only)

RX7 93+

Sylvia (all)

Supra TT 6 speed

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I spoke to Apex'i about this about a month ago. At that time they told me not to hold my breath on the domestic MKIV model, as it was still in the works, and the works don't move very fast. He said there WAS a Japanese MKIV model available. Chances are that's what's being sold there.

D

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Are there any HUGE differences in the Japanese and USDM model ECM's? Why cant it be applied to ours?

J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
the base fuel maps and timing maps are probably made for the Japan fuel which is like 98 octane? or something like that.

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #11 (Edited)
I called them: The Power FC for the Supra TT is TBA. In other words, they don't have it, or know when they are gonna get it.

I tried getting a answer here some time ago about the difference between the Japanese and Export (US) model Supras, specifically the ECU and the wire plugs. No one could give me a answer. All I did get was that the Japanese Supra does not use a MAF, it uses a pressure sensor (Speed-Density system from factory). If it simply was a matter of getting a pressure sensor from the Japanese MKIV and cutting a couple wires and plug in, I'd totally go for it.

Too bad Toyota was clueless when I asked them to get me a ECU pin out diagram for the Japanese Supra. If ANYONE can get a hold of one of these in English (or translated), PLEASE email me. I can compare it to the US diagram (which I have found) and will be able to determine if the Japanese Power FC is swapable.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Javeman,

Japan does not use higher octane than the united states, and neither does europe. They use different methods of measuring octane (RON vs MON), but essentially it has the same octane. If you want an explination on the differences, let me know.

Derek,

I'm *pretty* sure this is the J-spec ECU diagram, but am not 100% sure. I'll poke around and see if I can find the US-spec one.

The differences I am aware of between the J-Spec and US-spec 2JZs are... (Japanese vs USA)

• Injectors (high impedence 430cc vs low impedence 540cc)
  • Cam Duration/Lift (224 deg/7.8mm vs 233deg/8.25mm)
  • Airflow Measurement (MAP Sensor vs MAF Sensor)
  • Turbos (Turbine Size, Turbine Material, Compressor Size, & A/R Ratio)

-m

A

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Marcus Frost: That's the US version. There is a reading for a "Air Flow Meter," which the Japanese Supra doesn't have. The injector difference might be a problem too, as you can't drive low impedance injectors with a ECU designed only for high impedance injectors. Apex'i might very well have designed the Japanese Power FC to handle low impedance injectors (for upgrade reasons). Then again, they might not have.

·
Registered
353 Posts
Derek,

I just noticed that myself. I figured since I had it filed in my "eurospec supra" folder that it was for the j-spec ECU. What I forgot was that there were Supras with MAFs in europe as well (pre '96)

I know there are people on this board who have j-spec MKIVs in the UK. Problem is getting them to see this.

-m

·
Registered
458 Posts
You guys trying to track stuff down might want to inquire some of the Australian Supra gurus... They have pretty much the J-Spec Supras, MAP, the different ceramic turbos and all. That would be the best place to find a translated wiring diagram. Also HKS is supposed to be releasing the laptop programmable FCON-S one of these days, which looks like their answer to the Power FC, don't know if it's for Supras though...

if I have time I'll check out the Aussie MKIV to check it out, unless someone beats me to it! hint hint:cool:

·
Registered
458 Posts
By the way the injector hurdle is no biggy... just like on Hondas you can just switch to the right impedence injectors. The FCs are totally tunable for what size you're using so you could get just about any injector place to come up with the size you need at either high or low impedence...

G

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Just want to say, Dan @ godspeed is a very good guy, and is very honest. He is one of the few guys us "honda people" can trust. He can also work very well with prices, as he's the sole importer for quite a few products.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts