Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
i am just wondering how the apex'i s-afc compete against the older hks vpc.
or are they about the same or exact same. and can they even be used on supra turbo's?

s-afc
http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics_detail.asp?id=202&pageNum=1

:dunno:

and oh yes i know my post says the v-afc, i didnt read it thorough and didnt noticed that it is for vetec engines. sorry, just call me stupid.
-sean

·
Registered
520 Posts
ALPINSUPRA said:
i am just wondering how the apex'i s-afc compete against the older hks vpc.
or are they about the same or exact same. and can they even be used on supra turbo's?

s-afc
http://www.apexi-usa.com/product_electronics_detail.asp?id=202&pageNum=1

:dunno:

and oh yes i know my post says the v-afc, i didnt read it thorough and didnt noticed that it is for vetec engines. sorry, just call me stupid.
-sean
they kinda do the same thing but in a different way. the vpc is better i would think as it completely eliminates the afm and transforms the car to a speed density system where the afc just alters the signal to the ecu. people use both however because the vpc has limited tuning capabilities, and the afc can be used for fine tuning.

·
Registered
1,154 Posts
first of all the HKS VPC is no longer manufactured and if you do find one it is in upwards of $500 plus. This eliminates the need for the AFM.

now as for the S-AFC it is a piggyback fuel tuning device to change the way the ECU sends fuel. It basically allows you to add fuel and subtract fuel which allows you to gain more power and lean the fuel out at WOT to eliminate how rich our cars run. MOST IMPORTANT THING TO DO IS NOT MAKE ANY ADJUSTMENTS WITHOUT EITHER A WIDEBAND OR DYNO TUNING.

I am personally running the MAFT w/3in GM sensor (also removes the huge afm) and the S-AFC. Do a search on these 2 items and you will see they are very different.

·
7m > 2jz > 1jz
1,518 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
thanks for straightening this out for me.
-sean

·
DAMN u a big one lady
1,278 Posts
I second the motion on don't play around with the AFC unless you have a WB o2 sensor or on a dyno, If you't not totally sure how to use it, take it to a professional. You can easily lean out your fuel too much, and cause big problems if you don't know what you're doing.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts