Supra Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hey guys,

So I have an Evo but my boy has an 88 Supra that is bone stock.

My Evo came with an Apexi S-AFCII and I'm wondering if my boy can use it?

He's already got the Lexus MAF sitting around .. is there any point in adding both the MAF and SAFC?

Would he get any benefit?

Tips? Advice?

Best Regards,
Evolved8

·
Registered
36 Posts
yeah, he will be able to use it so long as all the wires are intact. i'm using the safcII and lex afm with 550's, runs great. the safc is good for fine tuning, and i leaned out my mixture a bit. i wouldn't run the afm and safc without the injectors though, i'm 99% sure the safc would screw with the timing too much if you were trying to add 25% more fuel.... maybe someone else can clarify on that? 550's, lex afm, safc, and an afpr would make a huge difference on his supra!

·
Registered
262 Posts
Im currently running lex afm with an adjustable fuel pressure regulator set at 57psi static fuel press. And a safc2 for tuning. Im only around +14% fuel for my max point at around 3600rpms. I am still on stock injectors running 15psi of boost and a dam good tune also!

·
Registered
998 Posts
get 550s!! the 440s techincally can do it..but its not super good for them as it will be pushing them to hard. But with the 550s the AFM and the SAFC2 you will definatly get more oomphh outa the car!! Id recomend an electronic boost controller too and 3'' catback exhaust and im sure he'll be uber happy...for a while anyways.. :p then he'll want to get fuel upgrades, the a better turbo..then a better this..oh and that!!..and BAM! he'll have Supratisus! lol

·
Registered
262 Posts
blackdawg, thats what happened with me until i got laid off... Got everything upgraded minus my injectors, but time to move on from the 7m.

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
some good info in this thread...

if i used a stand alone emanage i wont need to use a MAS correct?
im looking to upgrade a lot of stuff this winter, and just doing some home work..

·
Registered
998 Posts
MAS?? your mean your MAF??

Easiest way to get rid of your Lexus AFM or stock MAF is to use the MAF Pro translator and go speed density.

But yeah if you went standalone you can go speed density as well. Ton of money and need a pro to tune it good. Unless you use the MS. I have heard thats not to terrible to tune.

·
wish my lawn was emo
155 Posts
yea lol my bad...

it wouldnt be the money that would be my issue, it would be finding someone that could tune, up here in maine...
whats MS?

·
Registered
25 Posts

·
Registered
998 Posts
Megasquirt, I think. www.DIYAutoTune.com

Lots of info there.
Correct.

And you will just have to look around to see if someone has a tuning shop with a dyno. Or you'll be stuck on your own. Again tho, the MS is not suppose to be extremely hard to tune. But you do have to build the thing yourself and tuning definalty wont be easy. The AEM EMS is a great Standalone especially if you get it tuned by a pro. Its really complex and can get very very accurate if everything but can be too much for most ppl to do on their own.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts