Supra Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, has any of you encounter this problem or know how to fix it? The problem is that when you cut the ecu wire to splice the yellow and white wires in, the engine wont start. The engine will try to start but die as soon as you stop turning the key. I used the instructions found on the MKIV.COM site to wire the safc up. Every thing works but the car wont start. If you guys know how to fix this problem please let me know. Also I am putting this in a 95, 5-speed.

Thanks,
George

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
What?? I have no clue what you said. If you look at the instruction on the MKIV.COM site is says to cut the ecu wire 66 and splice the yellow wire into the portion gioing into ecu and the white into portion leaving ecu. This is what is cause my car not to start. Any ideas?

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
1993-1995 non turbo supra are karmen
96-98 non turbo are hotwire
1993-1998 twin turbo are hotwire

therefore:
instead of yellow wire use the pink wire
instead of white use orange
the Yellow and White wires are not used.

and put karmen in the setting instead of hotwire. thats it!

·
Formerly NA-TT
1,268 Posts
If you still need clarification then look at the link in my sig. Good luck.

·
Banned
1,281 Posts
is the s-afc hard to install or something? this isn't the first time ive heard of something going wrong.

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
It can be confusing, It's not hard. Use what neostreamsupra or Hydromatrix has. You are Karmen, use those wires. Good luck!

·
pirates like cookies
702 Posts
daveh has a nice paintbrush picture that he posted somewhere on here... lol.. i know it's in paintbrush but if you follow it it's pretty easy to install..

you need to make sure you set up the aft for karmen... and make sure if you bought it from somebody else, their settings aren't on. If they had it tuned for different injectors or something, your car is gonna run like shit if it ever starts.

·
2JZ-Phantom
2,117 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
If the N\A are karmen, do you still have to have the AFC unit tuned? Also do any of you have numbers for the N\A I can punch into the unit if it does need to get tuned?

·
Registered
201 Posts
and how wud you reset a "used" safc to get it started?

Verge said:
daveh has a nice paintbrush picture that he posted somewhere on here... lol.. i know it's in paintbrush but if you follow it it's pretty easy to install..

you need to make sure you set up the aft for karmen... and make sure if you bought it from somebody else, their settings aren't on. If they had it tuned for different injectors or something, your car is gonna run like shit if it ever starts.

·
miata owner...
1,367 Posts
INDYPWR said:
and how wud you reset a "used" safc to get it started?
Initialization in the setting to reset it. And every car is different you need to dyno tune it, so leave it at zero until you have money to get it tuned.

·
Registered
580 Posts
is it a useful mod to have even if your car isnt turbo?

The reason that I ask it that I know I will need a SAFC when I go turbo, but is it worth buying now or should I wait and buy it with the NA-T kit.

·
NA-T T61
1,988 Posts
I bought and installed mine now, but plan on going turbo in the next few months. I figured that I might as well have one thing out of the way, and I'll just have it re-tuned when I am na-t. ;)

·
Registered
415 Posts
SupaSupraSE said:
I bought and installed mine now, but plan on going turbo in the next few months. I figured that I might as well have one thing out of the way, and I'll just have it re-tuned when I am na-t. ;)
I definitely recommend this route because it leaves less variables when your car doesn't start after NA-T and you need to troubleshoot.
I ran my SAFC-II for a few months before I got my turbo and was able to self-tune asily once the turbo was on.
BTW...I also recommend getting a WB kit before going NA-T just so you can watch your AFRs on a stock car, just to get a feel for it.

~Alan

1 - 19 of 19 Posts