Supra Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
J

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone have experience with both of these?

Comparison?

Opinions?

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Im wondering the same, which is a better unit? anyone used both?

·
Super Moderator!!ON PATROL ALL OVER!!
10,459 Posts
i belive dusty like the hks unit i had the apex unit very nice unit but unless you know someone who can show you how to use it its a pain! but a good unit!

·
GA Rocks!
1,094 Posts
I had both... AFC is easier to tune. Moving the arrow buttons is easier. AFC has partial throttle. Looks better

AFR has idle control. Way cool if u want lean your car out at idle. 11 ne points so u can adjust more across the rpm. The afc has 8 but 8 is plenty for our cars. AFR has response knob. The afr is pretty much a cheaper version of the vpc. Both EIDS and AFC's bov venting doesn't work! Jarrett couldn't get either units to work without stalling my car on my single. Mounts easier.

both work well... www.german-autowerks.com has them both for under $300 so either way u go, you'll be fine. I would go with an afr if i didn't go with a vpc. afc is i was going to get a vpc.

Sid

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Is it feasible to use the vacuum/boost display on the S-AFC as your only boost gauge?..... my Autometer only goes up to 20psi and thus I will be requiring another..... unless the S-AFC will suffice.

Also, were you suggesting that the S-AFC's claim to solve open-atmosphere bov idle stall problems is untrue?

1 - 5 of 5 Posts