Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just heard back today from the shop about my car. The bearings and rods and everything are shot apparently. They priced a new engine at 2800. They said a rebuild or overhaul would just cost more.
So. I don't know what to do, I'm considering selling her and just getting another supra. I don't have that much money though is the thing.
Any suggestions and estimates on how much I could get for my car?
I bought it for 3900 and it's worth a bit more than that. The engine only had 77k on it at most. Intercooler, upgraded BOV, lexus afm intake, full greddy exhaust, just had allignment done, pretty fresh paint job. good stereo system.

and if anyone knows if I could get an engine for WAY cheaper, let me know, because that price seems a bit high. I have about 600 right now, and probably around 300 coming on my paycheck this saturday.

·
Administrator
17,247 Posts
I'm assuming you're talking about a 7M-GTE equipped Supra? You should contact the guy I sent you the information about...he might be able to help save you some money.

Steve T.

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes, it's a 7m gte.
I will.
Thanks steve.

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
More than 2800 for a rebuild!?!? They smoke crack... seriously. Where are you located exactly?

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No no, 2800 for a whole new motor. I don't know why they said they couldn't rebuild it or that a rebuild would cost more or something, crazy asians.
I live in Lynnwood, north lynnwood, but my car is in the lynnwood/edmonds area.

·
Supra Owner Since 1996
2,723 Posts
1J time!

·
Banned
6,955 Posts
Drop a call to the guy Steve suggested. I will be there this weekend. and as far as 1J...don't bother, it is a waste of time. Do a proper build on the 7M.

Duane

·
I Love Lamp...
2,184 Posts
upgradedsupra said:
Drop a call to the guy Steve suggested. I will be there this weekend. and as far as 1J...don't bother, it is a waste of time. Do a proper build on the 7M.

Duane
Seriously, a good build can be done on the 7m for alot cheaper. It especially doesnt get any better than with the "guy" they are talking about.

Btw Duane, drop me a line on how things are going...

Tim

·
The Radiator Man
1,363 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Yeah, I want to stick with the 7m, and I don't have anywhere close to having funds for a 1j swap anyways.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts