Supra Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am going to purchase either the Hose Techniques kit, or go OEM. If OEM is 20 or so bucks more, I will buy OEM. Has anyone replaced just about all the hoses in the engine bay? If so, what was the approximate cost?

·
Registered
973 Posts
just get the hose Techniques kit... it'll probably be a bit more... but they are alot higher quality hoses

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
dido...get the HT kit. What ever you do do not settle for cheap autozone hoses or anything similar. it gets too hot under the hood for them and they will melt

·
Registered
1,720 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I heard of people having problems with the HT kit. There were a few complaints involving hose failure...not sure if they used the hoses on coolant or oil lines....

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
as far as I know the HT kit is only for vac lines not any fluid lines all fluid lines are either oem or SS braided lines

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
as far as I know the HT kit is only for vac lines not any fluid lines all fluid lines are either oem or SS braided lines
ive used my HT kit for vacuum and ive also got it from the radiator cap to the overflow bottle and didnt have any problems it....but thats not too bad....

the HT kit works fine if you use it properly ;)

·
DFWSupras
1,627 Posts
well the overflow bottle hose doesn't see much abuse from warm antifreeze so that is ok other then that you will use it for the windshield squirters and that is it for fluids as far as the HT kit goes. anything else is oem molded hoses or custom lines not included in the HT kit

·
No One Ever Listens To Me
5,467 Posts
SupraGuy88T said:
well the overflow bottle hose doesn't see much abuse from warm antifreeze so that is ok other then that you will use it for the windshield squirters and that is it for fluids as far as the HT kit goes. anything else is oem molded hoses or custom lines not included in the HT kit
:agreed:

·
Registered
451 Posts
agreed, get the HT kit, make sure to install it correctly or you will pop the hoses off.
Only use the HT kit on the Vacume hoses, not on any water/fuel/oil hoses. Get OEM replacement hoses for everything else.

Steve

oh the cost of the rest of the hoses-
I think I spent about 100 on various heater hoses upper and lower radiator hose.

about 70 from napa for the P/S pressure hose and 30 for the return.

another 20 for the oil hoses.

I think 40 fro the dealer for the oil hose on the drivers side.

Steve

1 - 9 of 9 Posts