Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 60 Posts

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I'm posting this up for Marshall, organizer of the 3Si Tampa Gathering for the past 5 years. Some of you might know him and his immaculate pearl white 99 VR-4 running around Tampa. Each year we have some nice activities in Tampa, ranging from drag night at Bradenton, BBQ on the beach, Big Damn Cruise™ through Tampa Bay/Clearwater/St. Petersburg area with lots of video filming and photo opps, car show at Quaker Steak & Lube, the inevitable hotel parties, and late night shinanigans involving those big beautiful bridges that seem to be purpose-built for the Supra :)

This year, we're watching some REAL racing! The Streets of St. Petersburg IRL Grand Prix race is coming Sunday, April 3rd. This is about as close as you can get to Monaco, the Indy cars will be race on a street course through St. Petersburg, incorporating the airfield runway as the front straight, streets near the Devil Rays stadium, and some tight corners through downtown St. Petersburg. No boring oval track, these cars will scream between buildings with plenty of passing opportunities for the drivers. Tickets are available through ticketmaster, link is at bottom.

The rest of the schedule for the weekend is as follows:

Friday 4/1: Meet & Greet, Beach Cruise
Saturday 4/2: BBQ cookout, The Big Damn Cruise™
Sunday 4/3: Streets of St. Pete IRL Grand Prix

Of course, there will be time at night to clean up @ the hotel, enjoy beverages, get crazy in Ybor, or hit the streets for some action. FRS radios are a life-saver when travelling in groups, highly recommended.

The gathering was originally started by 3Si (3000GT/Stealth International, my former car), and it has spread to include just about every sports car available. Car show participants have ranged from fully built WRX's to supercharged Vipers. Nick and his family came out last year in the beautiful green monster, it was awesome to meet the Hulk! This year, Florida 350Z club is coming out en masse to join us. Supras have always shown up, and are always welcome. I'll be driving my TT down from Tennessee just for this meet (what can I say - I'm a sucker for these bridges! ;))

Anyway, here are the links to the important stuff, hotel, race tix, etc. Post up here with any questions or to let us know you're attending. Thanks again!

Tampa Gathering thread on 3Si

Quorum Hotel - Tampa Official Hotel - Four Star! $99/night group rate; call 813-289-8200 or 877-478-6786 and ask for reservations, tell them you are with the FLORIDA3S group & want the $99.00 rate. March 25th is the deadline to get this rate!!

Honda Grand Prix of St. Petersburg

Ticketmaster - Grand Prix tix (We're getting Sunday General Admission passes, but other options are available)

Thanks! See everyone in April!

- Brad

·
Registered
807 Posts
I had a blast last year and met a lot of great people. I will be there and look forward to seeing some familiar faces as well as some new.

·
Registered
807 Posts
Speaking of film what ever happened to that footage Nick H. took?

·
Registered
557 Posts
yeah, ill be there.... my wrx was there last year, this year i can actually come with a supra!

seeya, you should break your car in by then right ?

Mark

·
Registered
807 Posts
Mark,

Should be.....just got to get it tuned.

·
TH400 Club
809 Posts
Depending on how many supras are going to go will determine if i make the trip home from tallahassee...

Dallas, Glad to see that it was tuned. I want a ride in a few weeks. Where were you this last Sat night?

·
Registered
807 Posts
no Will I was saying I have to get it tuned...... :)

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Original post edited to include new group rate on hotel. It ain't cheap, but during spring break it was the best we could get. And the hotel is frickin nice! Complimentary massage w/ each stay :)

- Brad

·
Registered
807 Posts
Pictures of the masseuse? Who knows maybe some of us local guys would stay there too LOL :)

·
Registered
807 Posts
Bring the GS400. I am thinking of doing the same with a GS300 and would love to pick your brain and see your set up. Just a request in case you can't decide.

·
0 Posts
Hey Brad, your car car looks great!!!!! I can't wait until we can hang out again. See you soon:cool:

·
the quest for spool
172 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
wheresursfl said:
Ahhh you guys are killing me....

Take your tampa meet and cruise over for the BBQ!

Hehehehe, I was thinking the same thing for y'all. Bring the SE FL meet over to Tampa on Sat. night for some bridge running :cool:

- Brad

1 - 20 of 60 Posts