Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Supra Enthusiast
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Encountered a beautiful silver Aston Martin Vantage on I95 last night. Just as I was merging onto the highway and getting over into the fast lane, came up on the Aston in front of me pretty fast. There was an suv in front of the Vantage but as soon as traffic cleared he switches lanes and punches it hard. I follow, he seems intent on pulling away from me, but cant. I pull beside him at about 90mph and he guns it forward again, this time I gear down to 4th and blow his doors off up to about 140mph.

The driver pulls up beside me after and gives me a big thumbs up, which I return in kind for the run and the very nice car.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Wow, thumbs up from an AM owner that just got anihilated by a "lesser" car.

He either A) Knows about the potential of MKIVs or B)used to have one and is kicking himself for selling it,lol

Nice kill

·
Registered
806 Posts
congrats. I met a guy on I95 w/ a blk one and got a pic when we were leaving the gas station he got on it as did I and pulled him pretty easy. beautiful cars I was in awe of his and his son was in awe of mine:D

·
Supra Enthusiast
259 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This was on pump at 18psi

clapyohandz: T78 with Titan fuel system, 3-row, AEM tuned by Titan, RPS CC.

ANORXIC'51: Yep, he was pretty cool about it, instead of hanging back and sulking like some other guys in exotics I've beaten. lol A or B might be good possiblities!

JonSardinas: They are great cars, just underpowered. In fact, in a few years if they are ever somewhat affordable in the used market, I would consider owning one. Still would keep the Supra though!

·
Banned
2,655 Posts
Nope but a stock Vantage couldn't beat oh say a stock Viper GTS, C5 Z06 things like that.

He was fucked from the begining though. Astons are more like high priced luxry cars than they are performance.
Vantage= you have arrived.

Viper/ Z06=Plumber with overtime checks.

·
Registered
806 Posts
Found the pic. Badass cars just add turbo:D

·
Working OT
4,193 Posts
have you had the car on the dyno? What kind of numbers is it putting down.

·
Registered
806 Posts

·
Registered
830 Posts
Nope but a stock Vantage couldn't beat oh say a stock Viper GTS, C5 Z06 things like that.

He was fucked from the begining though. Astons are more like high priced luxry cars than they are performance.
According to Edmunds

0-60mph 5.1
1/4mile 13.3 @ 106mph

Road and Track

0-60 4.7
1/4mile 13.1 107.9

Pretty close to a stock Supra?...well strong stock supra anyway.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts