Supra Forums banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
2jz powered
1,632 Posts
^^ how does that link have anything to do with his question about that box vs. max air and arc? if you want something bling, go with ARC. i have no first hand experience with the ebay or the max air box but they look very simillar and probably peform the same. i have seen ARC air boxes in person and they are nice peices.

·
Registered
468 Posts
SoarerTT said:
^^ how does that link have anything to do with his question about that box vs. max air and arc?
Allow me to elaborate then... Boosting D should go with either the ARC or Max Air box over the eBay one for quality purposes. The eBay seller is selling something that he hasn't produced yet.. he's also using stolen images in his auction.

A lot of people are happy with a drop-in K&N filter and modifying the stock air box to allow more airflow.

·
Supra TT Senior
1,887 Posts
It was apparently someone else's idea...

in any event, I use a HKS intake with a max airbox and I love it. The max airbox is a awesome piece.

·
2jz powered
1,632 Posts
Boosting D said:
how about as far as functionality goes SoarerTT?
IMO these air boxes provide very similar performance gains so i believe it would come down to which name you would like to go with and as mentioned above, quality. Max air box seals off the intake to keep the hot engine air out of the intake stream. the ebay one is very similar except with a lid. also as mentioned above its not even in production yet so i'd personally go with something that people have already used. with the ARC unit, i noticed at the bottem of most if not all of them has a velocity stack where the air is sucked from. as i said before ARC boxes are very nice and the quality is top notch but they are pricey which always makes me double think buying one. i always figure i could make one just as good for way less money.

·
Supralicious
872 Posts
I have a K&N drop in filter with the intake lid off. As you pop the hood all you see is the K&N. Can't say it's the best but it's a large surface area and the OEM intake pipe is plastic so it doesn't heat up.

In my opinion, ARC is the extreme. It's extremely expensive and I haven't heard of any enormous power gains with it... or heard of anyone using it at all. The Max Air Intake (MVP sells) is probably the best. Remember, function follows form, not form follows function.

DON'T READ THIS UNLESS YOU DISAGREE WITH MY LAST SENTENCE:
The formula form follows function hides a remarkable claim, namely that function is something that precedes form, that it exists independently of form, that it is there before form emerges. Forms, in other words, can be said to follow functions only if we consider functions to be entities that precede, and predate, forms. Only then does it make sense to urge the designer to make functions his starting point, to make forms follow functions.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts