Supra Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Help, got everything back to together and it turns over fine. But im getting some sparks from the lower intake area when it cranks. Ive stuck my head in everywhere i can and had my bro crank it, cant find where its coming from and dont want to tear/burn anything up so please help. Any sugestions?? Please help. The only shaddy items under there is that the starter connector wont snap into place but it fits snug for now. Thanks for anyhelp TIRED of searching.
**EDIT-sparks are coming from the end of the intake mani. by the egr

·
Registered
123 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 · (Edited)
I know what your speaking of, the goup of about six wires and one fatter ground wire that are bolted to the mani on the bottom right? They ARE sideways and touching the mani, ill straighten them out and check it but i wouldve seen the sparks comnig off those.
Just had a guy swear to me at the statiopn that its the bendix going bad on the starter and it will spark rademly (its a hard spak)as heat builds when the motor is turning over....sound poss.? That would explane why i can't see where they are coming from. Sound poss. to anyone??? Ive never had starter probs in any of my cars so i dont know...Any help would be loved.

G

·
there could be a short or some sort of spark coming off the starter it does receive some of the most voltage in the car check all your wiring down there its gonna be a pain in the ass good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts