Supra Forums banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
P

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
im just wondering if the 88 - 89 model supra engines are the same as your supras that you get that monstras h.p., i know that they are not tt but i wanted to know if the block and rods e.c.t are the same.

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
Sorry to tell you no. But if you build it right you can make good hp with the 7M engine.

Late
T.C.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
the 7M in MKIII's is no where near the performence of the 2JZ's. THe 7M is a great motor but it takes ALOT to get to the level of evan a BPU 2JZGTE

O

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
they are very simiiar. the 2jz has a better stock head gasket design and the head flows a little better due to the larger design.the crank in the 7m s have had some problems according to some people.the rods in the 7m are better than the ones in the 2jz.all in all if you were to build the motors the same they would be very close.i have a 7m that is making 780rwhp. so what does that tell you. its all in what you want.yes you can slap on the basic mods and the 2jz makes more power but we arent talking apples to apples are we,they have a whole lot better parts STOCK.

F

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
the 1JZ-GTE is a "destroked" version of the 2JZ-GTE. THe 2JZ is 3.0L while the 1JZ is a 2.5L. The 1JZ obviously has a higher redline because of the smaller stroke and I think it would be better for a road racing application then a drag car.

BTW,ONCEFASTTOY. What the hell is this 780RWHP 7MGTE in? I have never heard of anyone make that kind of power from a 7M(except that old drag MKIII). Any pics, timeslips, ect.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts