Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 44 Posts
R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
The answer is not really. My buddy just got a 96 black nsx 5spd and we took it out to a open 3 lane road and went at it. I have heard of those thing hitting mid to low 13s in the 1/4. Well we tried several times to run but traffic is a bitch in rocklin/roseville. Then we finally got a chance at a stop. I power braked it to 1800 with my some what bpu car and took him from a dig. Last I notice he is like 2 or 3 cars back around 70mph. Then we went from a 40mph roll and he pulled hard at 1st then when the 2nd turbo kicked in i just killed him. I pulled like 2 car length when the 2nd turbo kicked in. My mods are only a thermal exhaust,bcc,afc2 untuned,profecB spec2,running at a weak ass 13psi.(dp still not on) He was stock. It was fun racing a nice ass car.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
he should have gotten the 3.2 car, 97+ and 6 speed.

are they fast? In what terms? They are not meant to be drag cars. Stock for stock the 97+ cars will keep up with Supras.

S

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
"Are Acura NSX Fast?"

Depends where you mean. They are not overwhelmingly quick in a strait line but they do handle great on a road course even in stock trim. They rotate like no-ones business because of the mid-engine layout and suspension.

I have ridden in a friend's at VIR before and must say that I was impressed. On the way home, however, he wasnt even a threat to my WRX.

B

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Aren't the 3.0's 26X hp? Not blazingly quick (especially for $$$), but they'e fairly quick. That and they're sweet as well.

I

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
They aren't running 10s or putting down 600rwhp+ like many street driven Supras but they're set up more for road racing so you can't hold that against them. As far as "fast", the ones with the newer SC kits and gears are legitimate low to mid 11 second cars. They're light, too. Had one with pretty much everything done to it (SC kit, Intake, Exhaust, Headers, Gears) jump me by 3 cars before I could spool #2. Not exactly a heads up race but I was impressed. Go to nsxprime.com for more info.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
All and all it was a nice car. How ever I hate the back of the nsx.
It looks like the 98-01 accord(2drs). Front is sick as fuck. And yes the car is way lighter then the Supra.

And speaking of handling what susp. kit do you guys think would stiffen the handling on the Supras? Tein Ha? Any suggestion?
Sometimes when I race on the street I lose control for a sec.

·
Registered
1,589 Posts
there is a supercharged orange NSX up the street from my parents' house... its a loud mofo and pretty quick from what ive heard. i didnt know this, but i raced the car when it was stock, but since i went to college in cali for a semester and came back to georgia for a few months and he painted it and did a shit load of mods..

anyway, i raced him before i went to CA when he was stock and the car was red (i had LS1 camaro m6 with lid and cutout at the time.. was a few months before i got my supra)... and it wasnt much race.. we didnt even bother race from a stop because he couldnt keep up well from a roll and we figured would be a waste of gas to try against LS1 on low end... now that hes supercharged i havent raced him, but my supra is stock so i imagine he would tear me up pretty nicely. :)

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
The only NSX i have been left alone with was a 3.2 6speed. They are slow like a miata. But boy are they fun to drive, it's hard to describe unless you have driven one. Hopefully with a blower the car will have some descent pep. Stock they are pretty gutless but can run 107-110MPH traps and they get more pussy than a supra or ls1.

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
Only one I raced was a waste of time. Back in the day, Z0 SICK raced a TT NSX in his Z06, slapped it around like a red headed step child. :cool:

W

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NSX's are overated. I would love the opportunity to pull up next to one. :cool:

·
Medium Ballin'
3,024 Posts
NSXs are quick, and for what they were made to do, they do a good job of it.

they can be made to be quick and fast but it takes a bit of money.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well I didn't know what they put out to begin with. And plus if they put out 260 or more stock for a na car that is impressive. The na supra only put out 220 stock so you can say the nsx are faster in na form.

H

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Rome_The_Supraman said:
All and all it was a nice car. How ever I hate the back of the nsx.
It looks like the 98-01 accord(2drs). Front is sick as fuck. And yes the car is way lighter then the Supra.

And speaking of handling what susp. kit do you guys think would stiffen the handling on the Supras? Tein Ha? Any suggestion?
Sometimes when I race on the street I lose control for a sec.

02 accord coupe, too.

·
Registered
4,213 Posts
lol if anyone thinks MKIV guys are full of shit, listen to this one guy who told me that he was going 140 in 4th gear! and he's like i still have 5th and 6th..lol joker

·
Registered
48 Posts
lol if anyone thinks MKIV guys are full of shit, listen to this one guy who told me that he was going 140 in 4th gear! and he's like i still have 5th and 6th..lol joker
91-96 have 5-speeds, 97-04 has 6-speeds, see what year that car was and then you have your answer. Also as every race goes it all depends on the driver. NSX's have always had problems hooking up because of their layout. Go to a road course and see who wins. Don't get me wrong I love Supras, just the facts.

Tim Hartigan
1993 Superwhite 300ZX TT

·
Hardcore Night Warrior
2,533 Posts
Hey, I plan to run my buddy in his NSX,while Im in the 66 Impala :D I told him from 10 mph, thats the only way Im going to pull(for a while) I plan to get vid, it should be fun.

1 - 20 of 44 Posts