Supra Forums banner

21 - 40 of 44 Posts

·
Kancho Battle Garage
850 Posts
Timmy said:
NSX's have always had problems hooking up because of their layout.
Uhh dude the Mid engine layout makes it a shit load easier for an NSX to hook up. Concidering most if not all of its engine weight is on its back wheels.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
3.2 Will keep up with a Stock MKIV, but after the 1/4 it gets ugly. 3.0 will simply be smoked!

I'm tired of NSX owners brining the corners up, fact is the Supra is rated better from the factory for corners and braking power. I wish a NSX would grow some balls to race me.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
The only NSX i have been left alone with was a 3.2 6speed. They are slow like a miata. But boy are they fun to drive, it's hard to describe unless you have driven one. Hopefully with a blower the car will have some descent pep. Stock they are pretty gutless but can run 107-110MPH traps and they get more pussy than a supra or ls1.
thats one of the stupidest posts I have ever read. Slow like a Miata? 110 traps stock is gutless? What world do you live in? A place where everyone traps 140+?

actually theres a lot of stupid posts in here.

I agree with who said for an N/A car 290 hp is good. Its 70 higher than a N/A Supra and just 40 lower than a Twins Supra.

NSX's may be slow when comparing them to a board full of cars whos average dyno figure is 500RWHP but like I said, off the showroom floor they lack 40 hp but are still quicker and top out faster than a comparable model year Supra TT (1997).

·
2 RiCh 4 Ur bLooD...SuPrA
601 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
I'm tired of NSX owners brining the corners up, fact is the Supra is rated better from the factory for corners and braking power. I wish a NSX would grow some balls to race me.
ummm sure buddy. supras taking out nsxs on road courses :rolleyes:

·
former SVB
1,155 Posts
I have both, they each have their stregnths. The NSX gets a lot of pussy while the supra is faster in a straight line and on open track.

·
Banned
1,466 Posts
Chucky Doll said:
Gotta love people who talk about cars they don't even own. Go get your NSX and then talk shit. Until then I'll have fun driving my MKIV.
well numbers don't lie, I was commenting on that one guys post about how NSX's are "gutless" yet they trap the same as Supra TT's.

I don't own an NSX or a Supra but I have driven several of each. I personally think they are both bad ass cars and I can't think of weaknesses in either of them, after all, not everyone is out to build a car to 600+ wheel hp. If that is the case the Supra definately shines brighter.

·
Banned
1,981 Posts
GSXXXguy said:
well numbers don't lie, I was commenting on that one guys post about how NSX's are "gutless" yet they trap the same as Supra TT's.

The NSX does have some "gutts" in stock trim. No arguement there. Both cars are entirely different, in an autocross race I would give it to the NSX but on an open track its all Supra.

Also not every MKIV owner builds their car for 600+whp, but even if we did could you blame us? Its so easy:D

·
Administrator
17,264 Posts
NSXs are awesome cars, and fast in their own right. However, they will not run with MKIV Supra turbos of any variety unless heavily modified at incredibly great expense. Silly to compare to a Supra in terms of straight line speed. ;)

Steve T.

R

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I get pussy with my Supra too. Actually more then one. I would take either car if it was given to me. But if I was paying for it I would buy a Supra over a nsx. Supra turbo--->best bang for your buck.

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
TE27Levin said:
Uhh dude the Mid engine layout makes it a shit load easier for an NSX to hook up. Concidering most if not all of its engine weight is on its back wheels.
What's the weight distribution?

·
LOOKING FOR 200MPH
116 Posts
Speaking from experience, being that I have owned both cars (93 NSX, 97 TT Supra) the NSX is a blast to drive and pretty quick stock. I didn't like driving the Supra until it became BPU, at that point it became my favorite car to drive.

Funny thing is I traded my 32K miles 1993 NSX for the 28K mile 1997 TT Supra. That would have been a pretty good trade but the fact I also got $10K made it awesome:D

My wife is still not happy about me trading the NSX (without consulting with her) for the Supra:D

·
I'm very humble.
1,399 Posts
Factor X Turbopineapple said:
our 500 rwhp Nsx weighed in at 49/51 :)
So much for what genuis boy TE27Levin wrote.....HAHHAHAHAAA
Another dumbass that has no idea what the hell he's talking about.

·
Registered
2,576 Posts
A 3.2L NSX tested by C&D did 12.9s in the 1/4 mile bone stock, not bad at all. But some of the earlier 3.0s can be straight-line dogs, especially the 3.0 auto, it is a total dog. Still great cars though, the manuals that is.

21 - 40 of 44 Posts