Supra Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
T

·
0 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have bought adjustable cam gears for my car, but i am thinking of putting the stock ones back, cuz i have heard stories of them "slipping" and stuff like that. but at the same time, i wonder how badly i need them for my single turbo kit??? just curious as to thoughts on this from anyone who has a good-running single turbo car.

·
Banned
4,144 Posts
Their are a couple of schools of thought on the subject. AEM's have been known to slip on some cars, but then again they only have three retention screws. I personally saw a gain from cam gears, but it wasn't earth shattering. I got them more for when I throw some 272/272 cams in. Might as well throw them in and change your belts and water pump while you're at it. Cheap insurance.

Eric

·
SF.com Member #0000000023
1,219 Posts
Twin words.....Christain Rado. his car puts down almost 700rwhp on the FACTORY cam gears.

-Mike

twinturbobb said:
i have bought adjustable cam gears for my car, but i am thinking of putting the stock ones back, cuz i have heard stories of them "slipping" and stuff like that. but at the same time, i wonder how badly i need them for my single turbo kit??? just curious as to thoughts on this from anyone who has a good-running single turbo car.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts