Supra Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm basically trying to find someone who bought a clip/engine set for the a sc300 who owns a mkiii or for someone who owns a sc300 that bought a supra 1jz to let me know if the DP was/is the same?

www.935motorsports.com sells a 3" y-pipe + dp kit for the Supra 1JZ, but I own a sc300 and would like to know if it's the same before I spend the money.

Yes, i searched through all whopping 3 pages of results using "downpipe" (limited to 1jz section)

on another note: 2nd post ftw!

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Nope the DP's are different. The stock SC exhaust has an angle where the DP bolts up and it is 2pc. The Supra DP is 1pc and not only takes a different angle down but has a flat cut flange where it bolts to the cat. One nice thing about the SC's is you only need the first part of the DP that bolts to the turbo. Then you can use the stock mid pipe from the SC.. (This is of course only if you are running stock exhaust) As far as sftermarket DP.. you would either have to have an SC guy who has one chime in with where to get one.. or go custom. I would check clublexus or NA-T forums.

-Matt

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
I modified a 3in RMM 2JZGTE supra downpipe to fit my 1JZ Sc300 in under 30 mins.

(note, not completed in that pic) You have to extend it, chop it, and elongate the flange holes. I have no leaks and i run no gasket. I picked that one up for free in trade of a spare AC compressor i had collecting dust. If you lurk enough, you'll find people giving them away dirt cheap.

·
Acting my age
3,968 Posts
Did the 2JZ DP flange fit on the 1JZ turbos? Reason I ask is JDM 2JZ's have a different size flange than USDM 2JZ's and I always assumed the USDM 2JZ DP's flange would not fit on stock 1JZ turbos.

·
Banned
1,731 Posts
It did not fit the 1JZ until i made the holes elongated towards the center 1/4in or so (look close in the pic). The bolt pattern itself was the same. I modified it on a spare set of 1j turbo's i had so it was pretty easy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts