Supra Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I ordered the Goodridge/SMC lines from MVP, but after talking to Mohd from the main list, I'm skeptical that they indeed are EXACTLY the same as the TRD lines.

Do the FRONT SMC lines come with a bracket that attaches (with one 10mm bolt) to another bracket that attaches to the A-arm holder via two 10mm bolts? In english: does it come with a bracket on the line that allows it to bolt up just like the stock line does?

I called MVP and they said the mechanic there has installed both kits and that neither included said bracket. I am 99.9% sure the TRD kit comes with said brackets, preventing the line from moving around as much. It may not be *that* big of an issue, but I would feel better if the SMC lines fastened up like the stockers.

Does anyone have a better pic of the SMC Supra-specific lines than what is on MVP?

S

·
0 Posts
Yes, I order a set of SMC lines from Suprastore.com and I received a set of Goodridge... a welcome surprise for me...

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
From what I understand, Goodridge are the same as the SMCs, according to MVP at least.

My question is are the Goodridge/SMCs the same as the TRDs? MOST IMPORTANTLY, do the Goodridge/SMCs have the bracket on the front lines?

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Anyone?

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
I have the Goodridge and they do have a braket that clips it onto the same location as the stock lines attach.

If you're interested and not in a hurry, I mucked up one of my lines (this is easy to do since Toyota over-tightens the factory flare nuts and caused them to flare out) , so I bought a second set. I t just got the auth. to send back the mucked up line to be replaced. When I get it back, I'll ship the kit to you for $100.

·
966 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the reply! Sorry, I already ordered mine from MVP and they should be here tomorrow. I wish I would have known about yours earlier. :)

·
Registered
3,636 Posts
Yes Please!

I'd be interested in a set at that price too! Are any of these kits DOT approved? I'm not real anal about that but it's a nice to have. The DOT "whip test" is next to imposible to pass but is also not the sort of treatment I'd expect a car to ever receive on the road :eek: Is the braid covered in any of the kits?

B

·
0 Posts
The Goodridge lines are DOT approved, one of the few kits that are. Paul's GB price is a killer deal. I'd jump on that if I didn't already have a set!

Bob

1 - 11 of 11 Posts