Supra Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
39 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
A few weeks ago I went to change the brake pads on my Supra....Well, I owned a N/A MKIV before, but now own a TT:D , anyways, I've changes the pads in the N/A before a few times, and completley forgot that the TT's have four-piston calipers in the front....needless to say I pulled the four pins from the back and seperated the caliper, fluid went everywere, and now being re-attatched they leak brake fluid on my rims, and it eats away at the finish of the rims....do I need new calipers, or is this repairable....what to do???

Z

·
0 Posts
If I were you I would take it to Toyota or local machanic and see what they can do. Its probgably just the seal that need to be replaced. since you [email protected]#ked up once already, I wouldnt recommend trying to fix it yourself again.
its should be repairable, if not just get it rebuild. no need to spend that money to get new ones. OR , you can always go Brembo big brake upgrade!!!:D

good luck

Jonas

·
Administrator
4,970 Posts
V8THIS said:
what a coincidence!! -I happen to have a used Brembo big brake upgrade kit for sale! :) :) :)

-Mike
Mike,

Unless you are going to upgrade to the AP kit, keep the Brembo kit...

veilside-bpu,

The first time I went to change my brakes, I crazed one open a little, but as soon as fluid starting leaking out I closed it and re-evaluated, but opening them up most likely ruined your calipers, you could try to have someone look at them and re-build them, but there is a good chance that something could not be perfect, and brakes aren't something you want to chance.

I would say better safe than sorry and bend over and take your mistake like a man. Call Jeff Watson and order some new ones...

·
My mind is forged
895 Posts
Yo man, do not worry. You can fix it without any problems. just change seals. Good explanation of that fix you can find on www.twinturbo.net in faq.

Good luck

1 - 6 of 6 Posts