Supra Forums banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I bought my car it came with the following settings. Can you guys tell me if they are right or not, or if I need any corrections.
Current mods on car: (NA 5-speed 97 MKIV)
-K&N cone filter
-Titan cam gears
-SAFC-II
-Getting catback exhaust very very soon (within couple weeks). *anyone selling an N1?

SAFC-II Setting:

>Settings
1. Hi-Thrtl
Fi1
+/- 0%
(Hi)

2. Lo-Thrtl
Fi1
+/- 0%
(Lo)

3. TH-Point
Lo Hi
10% 50%

4. Ne-Point
Ne01: 1000 rpm
Ne02: 1600 rpm
Ne03: 2200 rpm
...so on in 600 rpm incriments....
Ne12: 7600 rpm

5. Dec. -Air
Thr ****%
Ne1 10.0%
Ne2 10.0%

6. KnK Set
0 0 rpm
1: 0 1500 rpm
2: 0 3500 rpm

7. DataFile
File1: ON
File2: OFF

·
11,221 Posts
Your NA, it doesn't matter. If you were in need of a high throttle map, I'd suggest changing your cross overpoints to 74/75 or somewhere around there.

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
iirevolverii said:
>Settings
1. Hi-Thrtl
Fi1
+/- 0%
(Hi)

2. Lo-Thrtl
Fi1
+/- 0%
(Lo)

3. TH-Point
Lo Hi
10% 50%
So did you scroll through these settings? Are they all set to 0% then? And your TH Point should be next to each other, it's the percentage of throttle at which you switch from the Lo Map to the Hi Map.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
I dont know ANYTHING about the SAFC-II. This is the first time I am using, and even touching it. I just went under settings and then under each option, i went next and saw the settings for each option and posted them here.
Can you guys tell me if anything is wrong, or anything that I need to add to my settings and give me a brief walkthrough to setting it?

SupraDupra_17 said:
So did you scroll through these settings? Are they all set to 0% then? And your TH Point should be next to each other, it's the percentage of throttle at which you switch from the Lo Map to the Hi Map.
Lo corresponds to 10%
Hi corresponds to 50%

I just copied the exact way it looked on the safc screen, Where the Lo was above 10% and Hi was above 50%

THANK YOU

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
Go back to where you read the Lo and Hi Thrtl settings. Then use the pivot button to move to the right. It will increase in RPM and maybe the percentage will change. Let me know what happens.

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
What do you mean where I am set at?

I have listed all the mods and my current afc settings in the begining of the thread.
Let me know what I should do.

I have another question for you guys, yesterday I tried to turn on my supra and it wouldnt, well it would and then die out. There is something wrong with my safc wiring, i think, because I had to tug (gently) on the afc wire to get the afc powered on, but I thought the car would turn on without the afc pluged or even turned on?
Now the car works since I tug on the afc wire to turn the afc and then crank the motor on and it will work all fine. Is the red wire for power and black for ground, because when I tuged "gently" on the red wire nothing happened, also with the black wire, nothing happened; I have to pull on the whole cord to get the afc powered on. Tell me what you guys think?

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
Go back to where you read the Lo and Hi Thrtl settings. Then use the pivot button to move to the right. It will increase in RPM and maybe the percentage will change. Let me know what happens.
^^When you do this you should see different settings throughout the rpm range. For example:
1000 0%
2000 0%
3000 0%
4000 -5%
5000 -5%
etc.

Do you understand???

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
So can guys tell me what to set my safc to. The above replies have different opinions on what to set it to and I dont undrestand some of it.
Can some one please make it simple and tell me what I should set, where should I set it under the setting section in the safc.

THank You

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
No one can tell you what to set it to without knowing what your A/F ratio is. Like I, and others have said before, you can't just be given a set of numbers and expect it to work for your car. My numbers might blow up your engine.

Anyway, you want some settings?? Here you go...

Lo Thrtl
0% throughout the rpm range

Hi Thrtl
0% throughout the rpm range

·
Registered
235 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Isnt that what I have right now? If you look at my first post it is 0% for both Hi and Lo.

Why I am worried alot is because everytime I turn my supra on, I smell gas, alot of it, so I assumed that the safc is feeding the engine alot of fuel. Or does it just smell like that since the engine needs more some fuel to start up to idle. I dont smell gas after I park it, its only at startup.

I have an A/F ratio gauge lying around somewhere, and I know that I need wideband to get specific ratio but will that a/f gauge give me the slightest reading to what I should tune my afc to, or will it just show pretty lights running around?

·
What You Know About That
3,654 Posts
SupraDupra_17 said:
Again...this is what you need to do. Your settings aren't necessarily 0%. Usually at 1000 rpm, there will be no change, which is what your AFC shows. You need to move to the right to see what the other RPMs are set to :faint:

1 - 17 of 17 Posts