Supra Forums banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey, since you guys sell these I was wondering if they are good, I think they would look great on the supra I am getting soon and also was wondering what the best offset is for the 18" set
Thanks In Advance

blackC

edit: thanks, I knew I forgot something

·
Registered
491 Posts
You might want to post a picture of the rims you are talking about.

I can tell you that if you see something on their website, it is not junk. If it isn't great quality, Dusty won't sell it.

·
Super Moderator
10,641 Posts
RP03's?

I love the way they look on a Supra, after seeing them on the Jasper Drift Supra I almost bought a set - I would have if I hadn't fallen into a deal on a used set of TE37's.

The big disappointment with the RP03's is that the widest available in supra-friendly fitment is a 9.5in. That would support a 275 on the rear but that might not be as wide as you'd prefer.

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
Wreckless hit the nail on the head. My only issues with these wheels are that they are not the widest wheels available, thus keeping your tire size down a little bit. 275's are still wide, just not quite as wide as a 285 you can fit on an 18x10" wheel. The only other issue is they are not forged like Volks are. However, at half the price, and for a great look from a very well known company, I think they are definitely worth the money.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 · (Edited)
thanks alot, yeah they aren't the widest but they are really nice and these will only be temporary while I save up for some hre 597r's,
and can you please let me know what the perfect offset for these wheels would be, TIA

·
ส็็็็็็&
919 Posts
not to thread jack but while were on the subject. Dusty can you comment on the enkei RZ-5's?? I love the 5 spoke dish flavored wheels, and i LOVE the price of these. Is gunmetal the only color they come in? i would be putting them on an anthracite, and while i think gunmetal would look good i think a silver color would look a little better. My concern is how much abuse can they take, but at that price i can get 3 sets of em for the price of one set of other rims

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
not to thread jack but while were on the subject. Dusty can you comment on the enkei RZ-5's?? I love the 5 spoke dish flavored wheels, and i LOVE the price of these. Is gunmetal the only color they come in? i would be putting them on an anthracite, and while i think gunmetal would look good i think a silver color would look a little better. My concern is how much abuse can they take, but at that price i can get 3 sets of em for the price of one set of other rims

Sorry but they are only available in GunMetal...

They will not take a huge amount of abuse. Any time you get wheels that are not forged they will not take tons of abuse.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
282 Posts
my discontinued racing sparco nt's are 9.5.......i have 285s on them very easily.......actually the sidewall is flush with the rim itself......i measured them tho and they are 10" so who knows......

So i guess my question is....On a 9.5" wheel is a 275 recommened or is it that wheel specific due to offsets and what not?

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
alright thanks, I might get them regardless since they are really nice, especially in that gunmetal

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
So i guess my question is....On a 9.5" wheel is a 275 recommened or is it that wheel specific due to offsets and what not?

275mm = 10.83"

On a 9.5" wheel, 10.83" or tire is quite a bit of overlap - I wouldn't want more than that.

285mm = 11.22" - too much overlap on a 9.5" wheel.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
282 Posts
275mm = 10.83"

On a 9.5" wheel, 10.83" or tire is quite a bit of overlap - I wouldn't want more than that.

285mm = 11.22" - too much overlap on a 9.5" wheel.

Regards,

Dusty
With my 285s They dont seem to overlap too much at all....but going by actual measurments i DEFINETLY see what you mean....I used the measuring tool to see the width and it came up as 10......i did the measurement right where the lip of the wheel curves up to seal on the tire.......but im 99% sure the wheel is 18x9.5 in the rear....

Would you consider it unsafe for me to continue on the toyo t1r 285s......they seem to be working good as far as tread wear, and holding air....

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
hey Dusty, can you please give me the offsets or do they come made for teh supra from you?

The RP03's? Its on my website:
"This includes the 18x8.5" front & 18x9.5 rear (+35 front / +42 rear offset) in Toyota Supra fitment"

Thanks,

Dusty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
The RP03's? Its on my website:
"This includes the 18x8.5" front & 18x9.5 rear (+35 front / +42 rear offset) in Toyota Supra fitment"

Thanks,

Dusty
yeah, thanks i just wanted to know if you sold them ready to put on
thanks
also what's better your air intake or the HKS for a stock turbo supra running a RMM downpipe ?

·
Premium Member
10,091 Posts
Yes, ready to put on, no modifications needed at all. You might want to put some tires on them first. :)

We don't make an intake, BUT I think you're referring to the Max Air intake made by Steve Jarvis? That intake is commonly mistaken to be an MVP item which it is not.

I can tell you from Dyno and drag race testing in 2001 and 2002 - the Max Air intake does work "as advertised". It is the ONLY intake that added any power or dropped any time off of a 1/4 mile out of every intake tested. It is absolutely THE solution for intakes on a stock twin turbo Supra.

Regards,

Dusty

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Yes, ready to put on, no modifications needed at all. You might want to put some tires on them first. :)

We don't make an intake, BUT I think you're referring to the Max Air intake made by Steve Jarvis? That intake is commonly mistaken to be an MVP item which it is not.

I can tell you from Dyno and drag race testing in 2001 and 2002 - the Max Air intake does work "as advertised". It is the ONLY intake that added any power or dropped any time off of a 1/4 mile out of every intake tested. It is absolutely THE solution for intakes on a stock twin turbo Supra.

Regards,

Dusty
thanks alot Dusty, and yes I will remember to put on the tires first and I will be ordering from you soon not for the wheels yet but a couple other things

1 - 20 of 21 Posts